INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing .cue  (Read 3906 times)

leoric

• World Citizen
Importing .cue
« on: November 07, 2009, 02:31:13 pm »

Importing folder with .cue and single .ape/.flac/.dts/... that is referenced in cue ends with both files added to library - all separate tracks, described in .cue, and whole content file. I think it will be a good idea to skip importing content file in such cases.

PS. In my dreams I see an option in MC to split single file to separate tracks by .cue, to eliminate running 3-rd party app (.. CUE Splitter).

BinCZ

• Recent member
Re: Importing .cue
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 06:21:17 pm »

Hello leoric,

the additional shown complete image should be a simple problem. I delete it manually and activate the Import-Option "Ignore deleted tracks/files" (I dont' know the exact English expression.

Real surprises You will get by importing a folder including single tracks and additionally a cue-sheet with links to all these single tracks. Try it, i promise, You will be really exalted . . . or simply read my concerning post in this thread before:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=53878.0

Sincerely

BinCZ

leoric

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 04:01:52 pm »

Yep, I have already bumped into the issue with links to single files.  :'(
And yes, deleting incorrect entries is always a solution but it is very uncomfortable to do this each time for new music.
Hope to see that JR will fix long-lasting issue with often used file format, I even agree to miss for it some new features for TV/consoles support/library server/other freaks  :P

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 04:10:15 pm »

Couldn't you just import only the CUE type for that folder?

Media Center lets you select the types of files to import on a per-folder basis.  So if you always use CUE files, set C:\Music (or whatever) to only import the .CUE files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 04:45:38 pm »

Real surprises You will get by importing a folder including single tracks and additionally a cue-sheet with links to all these single tracks.

MC does not support cue sheets that point to separate track files. Disable the .cue file type in the import options if you create that kind of cue sheets with some other ripper. Inside the library they would not provide any advantage over the actual track files anyway.

I keep my archived album image files + cue sheets in a separate location (actually, in a separate "offline" library, but that's another story). When the location is separate from the location of the usual track files it is possible to set only the .cue file type in the folder specific import options.

Personally I prefer to keep also the big audio source files in that library, but I have created a field called "cue" that indicates the file type (I use the values "source" and "track"). I can use that field in a view rule and hide the source files in certain views.

Since I have done my initial mass importing years ago and I only import an album or two at a time I normally have the auto-import feature completely disabled.

I usually just drag the cue sheets (and also all other audio and video file types) from Windows Explorer to Playing Now and "right-click import" from there if I want to add the files to the library (I have set Playing Now to not automatically import the played tracks.)

I have created a separate zone for importing and tagging so that I can freely use its Playing Now while I play other files in my regular zone.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

BinCZ

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 12:42:12 pm »

Hello Alex, hello Matt,

thank You very much for Your suggestions. At least i am sure now, not doing wrong.

Unfortunately i can't choose the storage format, so i have all three kinds of album folders: Single Track-Files, Single Track-Files with cue sheet, Image File with cue sheet. Additionally my data asset changes daily.

Single folder imports with different conditions may work, but if i remember right, computers were been invented for automating jobs.

I think, the most uncomplicated solution for folders with single track files with cue sheet is simply to rename "*.cue" to "*.cue.txt" or sth. similar (That's what i'm doing at time.).
And for hiding a complete image, which is trackwise linked within the cue sheet, i will try the "2-columns-method" suggested by You. That seems to be the best solution under the actual circumstances.

Nevertheless, an option for ignoring at least a complete image linked within a cuesheet would be the best solution. Is it perhaps possible doing it by self-scripting like

if (only one file is linked in cuesheet) then
if (exist "file linked in cuesheet") then REM case of valid image
import all tracks from cuesheet
ignore "file linked in cuesheet"
endif
else REM That should solve the multi-file-cuesheet-problem!!!
import all "file.musicformat" of the actual folder
ignore cuesheet
endif

?

Thank You very much for Your efforts and kind regards from Germany

BinCZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up