INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD ISO's & mymovies xml  (Read 3683 times)

nuke2000

DVD ISO's & mymovies xml
« on: November 08, 2009, 12:12:15 pm »

Hi all

Can someone point me in the right direction as to how i can import mymovies xml's for my iso's?

The mymovies.xml's within the iso's folders are not imported with the iso. I therfore attempted to import the info as a playlist by exporting a single xml from mymovies that contains tag info for all movies and then importing this file as a playlist. This brings in all the info as a playlist, but how do i then associate and store this info with the relevant iso's?

Thanks

nuke2000

Re: DVD ISO's & mymovies xml
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 11:01:52 am »

I have noted mention of ISO metadata in the 'Seamless integration with My Movies - Excellent!' thread which on the surface offers a solution. However as i said, importing the data as a playlist does not associate the data with the imported iso's. Basically you end up with 2 library items - an untaggged ISO in the library which is mountable, and also a metadata file containing tag info for that ISO which does not mount associated ISO.

Seems most people these days rip dvd structure to files, however i have always preferred the ISO method which as it is much neater. Having used this method for many years I have my entire DVD collection backed up this way and it would take hours to then extract the iso's to a folder structure. My movies handles ISO's and associated metadata just great so 'seamless integration' is perhaps overplaying it somewhat.

Possibly a step i am missing so can anyone assist please. Thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 12:20:08 pm »

Suppose you have a movie named "SomeMovie.iso", and you have a mymovies file that specifies the movie's "Location type" as "Online (File)" and the location as <path>\SomeMovies.iso, then importing the mymovies.xml as playlist should work.  I do not quite understand what you said above, but here is how you should expect it to work:

When mymovies.xml is imported as a playlist, MC does the following:

1. It imports the xml file as a playlist;
2. It also imports all movies specified in the mymovies.xml file, populating the fields using the data specified in the xml file.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

nuke2000

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 01:12:33 pm »

Suppose you have a movie named "SomeMovie.iso", and you have a mymovies file that specifies the movie's "Location type" as "Online (File)" and the location as <path>\SomeMovies.iso, then importing the mymovies.xml as playlist should work.  I do not quite understand what you said above, but here is how you should expect it to work:

When mymovies.xml is imported as a playlist, MC does the following:

1. It imports the xml file as a playlist;
2. It also imports all movies specified in the mymovies.xml file, populating the fields using the data specified in the xml file.

Thanks for the reply. Ok so we import the xml as a playlist, which when we go to play gives us the error 'has an extension (.dvd) that does not match the file format'

Any ideas?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 01:21:04 pm »

Thanks for the reply. Ok so we import the xml as a playlist, which when we go to play gives us the error 'has an extension (.dvd) that does not match the file format'

Any ideas?

Did you specify the iso movie as "On line (file)" or "On line (folder)" in MyMovies Collection Manager?  It needs to be "file", not "folder".  If you specify "folder", MC considers it ripped DVD in VIDEO_TS folder.

If you open the mymovies.xml file in notepad, you should find the following lines:

<Discs>
    <Disc TitleMode="False">
      <DiscIdStored>
      </DiscIdStored>
      <DoubleSided>False</DoubleSided>
      <Name>Disc 1</Name>
      <DiscIdSideA>A642427B-C981A055</DiscIdSideA>
      <DiscIdSideB>
      </DiscIdSideB>
      <LocationSideA>.\Bogus Movie file.iso</LocationSideA>
      <LocationTypeSideA>2</LocationTypeSideA>

<LocationSideB>
      </LocationSideB>
      <LocationTypeSideB>-1</LocationTypeSideB>
      <ChangerSlot>
      </ChangerSlot>
    </Disc>
  </Discs>

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

nuke2000

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 10:56:57 am »

Many thanks yaobing. I have indeed got all my iso's tagged to folders which worked fine with mymovies & Win MC but obviously not in MC14. Did a few tests and all is well thanks to your info.

Obviously to manually change this for all my iso's will be time consuming and MC14 doesnt bring in half the data that MyMovies stores  (actor bio etc) so it is a bit of a sacrafice to use MC14 for a DVD library. As MC14 is so much better in other respects i may well consider sacrificing more detail but for one thing - Series Iso's. Any way to get MC14 to deal with a multiple iso's from a series?

Thanks again for your help
Pages: [1]   Go Up