INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customize view options  (Read 952 times)

aheaton46

Customize view options
« on: November 10, 2009, 07:47:30 am »

I've just downloaded Media Center 14 to evaluate and see if it does what I'm after. so far so good, but there's one thing that I can't get my head round.

I have my MP3 collection on a network hard disk, with the music sorted into four main folders (Albums by Artist, Compilation Albums, Classical, Misc). I'd like to reflect this in media center, so under Audio I'd have four different views, one for each folder. I want the grid view of album art.

I've tried to customize a view to show only 1 folder as follows:

1) Using an expression If(IsEqual(FilePath(),Misc,8),[Artist] - [Album],no match) then viewing expression thumbnails. This gives me the correct grid view, but then lists every other album under 'no match'. I can't find a way of stopping it doing this.

2) Using a location, and selecting the appropriate folder. This still lists every other album under 'Unassigned'.

I've tried to search for how to only display the albums I want, but everything I find seems to relate to older versions of Media Center. The wiki looks like it's talking about configuring a view using some sort of wizard. Are there any instructions for how do do what I want, or can anyone help me?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Customize view options
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 08:10:26 am »

I posted a pretty comprehensive walk-through of all options available when customising a view. (There are gaps, but not many)

For each of your four views, you want to be adding a search rule under "Advanced > Set rules for file dislay"

for example:
[media type]="audio" [filename (path)]="Misc"

will ensure that only files that are in the Misc folder will be displayed here.

need anything else, just shout,
regards,
-marko.

aheaton46

Re: Customize view options
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 05:46:18 am »

That's just what I was looking for, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up