INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OSD changes?  (Read 1036 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
OSD changes?
« on: November 10, 2009, 01:07:08 pm »

Any chance the OSD will get a revision at some point?  

Just look at a television guide display (grid system) or the on screen visual position marker on TiVo.  A transparent popup menu that could take a lot more space and show users what the complete list of items is rather than a single item.

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: OSD changes?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 06:26:33 pm »

If nothing else, one thing I'd like to see soon is a way of customising what items are shown in the OSD by media type. It's too cluttered with stuff I never use. For example, while watching live TV, all I need/want to see when I activate the OSD is the "Programs" item. I don't need all the other stuff (like signal strength!). While watching DVD's, all I want is the stream selector and aspect ratio options.  It just causes way too much confusion when you accidently arrow up/down one too many times and have to find where you were amoung so many menu items.

There really needs to be a TiVo/WMC-like position marker as Ben says also (that stays on-screen and gets updated during video seeks too!). Why doesn't the OSD stay visible during video ff/rew (CTRL_left/right not jump) like it does for DVDs?

Cheers.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: OSD changes?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 11:18:23 am »

It is way too much, yes.  Just look at this nice, big onscreen menu.  This tries to pretend like no menu is onscreen by being minimalistic, but the usability is awful.  I find myself scrolling endlessly through the list. Plus, it doesn't give the user a visual as to what other options there are for "Recording," for example.

Pages: [1]   Go Up