INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fixing broken Theater View configuration  (Read 1085 times)

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Fixing broken Theater View configuration
« on: November 10, 2009, 09:05:19 pm »

Posted to Media Center 14.0.94 -- Available here, now locked...

Theater View is broke for me with this build.  All my custom library views now are empty.  Under Options + Theater View, for each item, it says "this item has no configuration".

I had the same problem, but only figured out how to fix it today. The Items to show information recorded in Options - Theater View is saved in the registry. The actual views are saved in the library. I don't know how it happens, but if the information doesn't properly match, the views become "broken" as described. The fix is to restore the correct Items to show information to the registry. Since build 92 (October 28), user settings have been included in the library backups in the "Settings" subdirectory of the backup archive. It can be found at the end of the User Settings.ini file as Visible Items (English)="[value]". Hopefully, you have a backup version that includes this file and predates the breaking of the views. Copy [value] (without the enclosing quotes!) to the corresponding registry key at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 14\Theater View. To be sure the restored value is a proper match, it might be a good idea to restore the views from the same backup. Do this by copying browser (theater view).jmd from the backup archive to the active library.

WARNING: All the usual doomsday stuff about editing the registry... Please make backups of the registry and your MC library—and be careful!

Hopefully, there will be a more automatic way to recover from this in the future.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Fixing broken Theater View configuration
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 10:23:19 pm »

Nice work - not long ago I had to start from scratch when the views became broken. *bookmarked just in case* :)

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Fixing broken Theater View configuration
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 08:22:30 am »

Thank you.  I thought I was alone on this one.  Already built all my theater views again from scratch, but good to know if it happens again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up