INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: double-clicking an MP3 in Windows Explorer won't play  (Read 2105 times)

PeterTEEEE

• Recent member
double-clicking an MP3 in Windows Explorer won't play
« on: November 11, 2009, 04:09:46 pm »

Double-clicking an MP3 in Windows Explorer (Vista) causes MC 14 to pop up, and the song will play. Double-clicking another song brings up MC, but the second song doesn't play or appear in "playing now." My previous version of MC would immediately play anything that I double-clicked. In options/file types, I have MP3's showing "yes" for "file association" and "automatic" playback. If I right click on an MP3 and go to properties, it shows "open with: Media Center." At Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\AutoPlay, "audio files" shows "play media using Media Center." But the icon associated with my MP3's is not the MC logo, like it used to be with earlier versions.

Why isn't double-clicking working every time?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: double-clicking an MP3 in Windows Explorer won't play
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 09:55:17 am »

We haven't been able to reproduce this.

You might unset the file association in Options > File Types (remember you can multi-select in that list).

Then set them again and click OK.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

PeterTEEEE

• Recent member
Re: double-clicking an MP3 in Windows Explorer won't play
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 09:12:08 am »

The problem has gone away. I uninstalled MC and checked the box for remove all entries from the registry. I manually deleted the J River folder at C:\Program Files (x86). Then I reinstalled MC. At tools/options, I made MC the default for MP3's. At Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations, MP3 shows MC as the default. Finally, I right-clicked an MP3, went to "properties", and "opens with" shows Media Center. All my MP3's now show a MC logo. In Windows Explorer, the file type is shown as "Media Center file". When double-clicking wasn't working, the file type was "MP3."
Pages: [1]   Go Up