INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 14 Unknown Album by Unknown Artist  (Read 928 times)

garyalex

• Recent member
MC 14 Unknown Album by Unknown Artist
« on: November 14, 2009, 12:08:27 pm »

I've been using MJ 12 for a while now and decided to try MC14.  There have been a number of issues, but the one I'm having the most trouble with is the unknown album issue.

In MC14 there is a long list of tracks under unknown album/artist.  I'd imported or ripped the CDs into MJ and they were all properly tagged.  I don't understand why MC14 didn't bring them in properly as it did with other albums.  I was going to try and fix them manually but there's way too many.  Plus, the tracks are now listed alphabetically so they're all out of order.

It'd be faster to re-rip the CDs but if there's a quicker fix I'd prefer that.  These are WMA and WAV files.  I'm running Win 7.

Also, there's lots of missing cover art.  I guess it takes a long time to rebuild the thumbnails?  I ran the Build Missing Thumbnails process but I see no evidence yet that it's restoring the cover art.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks
Gary

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 14 Unknown Album by Unknown Artist
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 02:18:51 pm »

Did you let MC convert your MJ library?  You could try restoring an MJ12 backup in MC13.

Your cover art directory may need to be set in MC options.

garyalex

• Recent member
Re: MC 14 Unknown Album by Unknown Artist
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 02:53:06 pm »

I didn't know there was an option to let MC convert the MJ library.  I've given up for now and uninstalled MC14.  Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up