INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: special character recognition & equivalence  (Read 991 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
special character recognition & equivalence
« on: November 15, 2009, 06:50:57 am »

I notice that some of my library artists are missing entirely.  For example, my list of artists does not show Máire Brennan, even while the library contains 5 albums.  Cannot MC parse special characters (eg, 'á') with equivalence to normal characters (ie, 'a')??
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

gappie

Re: special character recognition & equivalence
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 09:20:12 am »

I notice that some of my library artists are missing entirely.  For example, my list of artists does not show Máire Brennan, even while the library contains 5 albums.  Cannot MC parse special characters (eg, 'á') with equivalence to normal characters (ie, 'a')??
you might find the artist at the end of the list with M artists, so after Mu or My.
mc does read those characters (for me) fine but with the sorting and grouping it has problems.

:)
gab

shAf

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 10:34:37 am »

you might find the artist at the end of the list with M artists, so after Mu or My.
mc does read those characters (for me) fine but with the sorting and grouping it has problems.

Thanx for the hint ... but in the case it was actually found as the last entry after 'Ma...'

IMHO, it would still be very helpful if these special chars could be made alphabetically equivelent to there counterparts.

TIA  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

gappie

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 10:46:46 am »

yes of course that is where they are. i have the problem with artist like "Éder quartet" or "Šina & Dlhé Diely" where i find the artists at the end of E and S, interesting enough, when grouping the artists i find them under "others" and not under the E or S.

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up