INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 14.0.96 -- Available Here  (Read 3920 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 14.0.96 -- Available Here
« on: November 10, 2009, 09:56:50 am »

This is a stable version of MC 14.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter140096.exe

14.0.96 (11/9/2009)

1. NEW: An "Auto Match" button on Load EPG wizard window to automatically match channels to XMLTV IDs (works for ATSC only).
2. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks to Bytestar).
3. NEW: Added Theater View option 'Disable screen saver in Theater View'.
4. Fixed: Theater View scrollbars could show an incorrect position.
5. Internal: Changed library tools and cover art tools to to use standard command (MCC) and resource.xml scheme.
6. Fixed: Party Mode would allow library tools to be run if they were in the MRU list.
7. Fixed: MRU menu items didn't always use the correct enabled / disabled state for the command.
8. Fixed: WAVE Plugin could not play WAV files containing 32-bit float audio samples.
9. Fixed: Deleting all files in a view after a search + pane selection would reset the search.
10. NEW: Added experimental support for audio burning when connected to library server (data burning not yet working).
11. Fixed: Streaming / seeking in some types of files was not working over a remote connection. (only applies to last few builds)

14.0.95 (11/6/2009)

1. Fixed: Czech language translation was not working properly. (thanks Johnny B)
2. NEW: MC will try to read tags from INFO LIST chunk in WAVE files if ID3v2 tags do not exist.  This allows tags to be read from WAVE files created by Windows Media Player.
3. Changed: When starting/changing television channel, the OSD showing the channel/program info is displayed without a 3.5 seconds delay (even if the channel change has not yet completed).
4. Fixed: Mapping of an XMLTV ID to a television channel did not work for the last few builds.
5. NEW: Added UPnP PlayStation 3 preset option selection.
6. NEW: It's possible to sync contact changes made in Notes back to Google using Notes > Tools > Export Selected to Google... (proceed with caution). (internal notes format changed -- must erase all notes and start over) BE VERY CAUTIOUS using this -- possible data loss.   BACKUP FIRST.

14.0.94 (11/3/2009)

1. Fixed: On Windows 7, JRService was not shutting down correctly.
2. Changed: Czech language translation updated. (thanks Johnny B)
3. Fixed: Showing a library view in the tree that contained thousands of items could use too much memory (or run out of memory in extreme cases).
4. NEW: Added Customize Store option to store's account menu to provide parental controls and the ability to customize what genres to show.
5. Fixed: Editing expression text in an edit control using the popup expression editor would not always properly save changes.
6. Fixed: MC could write ID3v2 tags repeatedly at the end of some WAVE or AIFF files and the written tags could not be read, if the original file did not conform to WAVE or AIFF specifications.
7. Changed: WAV Plug-in is renamed "WAVE & AIFF Plugin".
8. Fixed: WAVE plugin could not play WAVE files created by Windows Media Player.
9. Fixed: UPnP browsing improved on the XBox 360.
10. NEW: XBox 360, DLNA and PlayStation 3 image (jpeg) and video support (wmv).

14.0.93 (10/30/2009)

1. Optimized: Reduced the number of system libraries loaded when starting the program.
2. Fixed: Using a mouse with DVD menus didn't work well when the video image was zoomed or offset from the player window.
3. Fixed: When using a custom font DPI setting with Windows 7, taskbar showed on top of fullscreen view and the player buttons were inactivated following video playback.
4. NEW: Added ability to import contacts from gmail.  (notes format changed -- please erase all notes and start over)

14.0.92 (10/28/2009)

1. Changed: When ripping a CD in Theater View, silent lookup operation will be used (no errors, no multi-match, no submissing, etc.)
2. Fixed: The auto-rip setting 'If no matches are found, show CD submission dialog' was not being honored.
3. Changed: The settings for automatically ripping / playing a CD or DVD will be honored in Theater View and Display View. (but the default 'Ask every time' will lead to no actions)
4. Changed: Added advanced Theater View option 'Allow special handling on media insertion' that allows disabling automatic playback of DVDs on insertion while in Theater View.
5. Changed: Improvements / fixes to Notes feature.
6. Fixed: In panes, the 'New entry' item shown for pane tagging would incorrectly allow a slow-double click to rename.
7. Internal: Library backups contain user settings. (for internal use only -- not designed to allow users to restore settings)

14.0.91 (10/27/2009)

1. NEW: Added experimental XBox 360 support to UPnP server.
2. Fixed: Dolby Digital playback in 4.0 mode (instead of 5.1 mode) could crash.
3. NEW: Added XML import / export of notes (in MPL format).
4. NEW: Added the ability to organize notes by keyword.

14.0.90 (10/26/2009)

1. Fixed: WAVE/AIFF plugin did not show ID3v2 tags in tag format dump.
2. Changed: Changed WAV/AIFF input plugin option "Do not write tags to WAV/AIFF files" to "Write tags to WAVE/AIFF files" with default set to false.
3. Fixed: Media Center 14 Service could generate a shutdown error when closing the program on Windows 7.
4. Fixed: A few features were not available (only applies to build 89).
5. Internal: Revised how redirects are handled when loading Internet resources, so that form post data is preserved across the redirect.
6. Fixed: A few store fields could show as user fields in the 'Manage Library Fields' dialog.
7. Fixed: Ripping with concurrent ripping disabled could output big endian WAV files instead of little endian files ("white noise" problem).
8. Changed: It's possible to sort a Category in pane view by 'Number of Files'.
9. Fixed: Sorting specified on a per-category basis for a view was not being honored when viewing thumbnails.
10. Fixed: Wavpack files could have import / playback issues.
11. Fixed: Random sorting did not work properly in the panes or Theater View.

14.0.89 (10/22/2009)

1. NEW: Added experimental notes aka "Clipnotes" feature ( more information here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=54542.0 ).

14.0.88 (10/22/2009)

1. Fixed: Possible view crash in build 87.
2. Fixed: When importing a video with sidecar some fields in the sidecar were ignored if values of the same fields are found embedded in the video file.  The possible fields are Name, Album, Artist, Genre, Rating, and Copyright.  Please report to us if you have problem with other fields.

14.0.87 (10/21/2009)

1. Fixed: MC did not write tags to AIFF files correctly in some instances.
2. Changed: MC will reclaim space saved by change in tags in WAVE/AIFF files if the saved space is 256KB or larger.
3. Changed: When writing tags MC will be more tolerant of incorrectly written AIFF files created by other applications.
4. Fixed: The Theater View theme online media slideshow feature was not available.
5. Fixed: The television program list in Standard View did not draw its border.
6. Optimized: Improved performance of television guide parsing.
7. Fixed: View state settings like columns could be lost between runs (only applies to last few builds).
8. Fixed: MC could not remove tags in WAVE/AIFF files.
9. Fixed: MC could not read lyrics written in an ID3v2 user frame.
10. NEW: Added a configuration dialog for the WAVE/AIFF input plugin to turn writing to files on or off (the default is off).
11. Fixed: MC could not retrieve an embedded image from an ID3v2 tag in WAVE/AIFF files.
12. Optimized: Improvements to Theater View performance. (for example, entering a ~500,000 album view: build 86: gave up after an hour; build 87: 12 seconds)

14.0.86 (10/19/2009)

1. Fixed: MC could not read ID3v2 tags Tag&Rename (WAVE).
2. Fixed: MC could not read ID3v2 tags in AIFF files.
2. Fixed: MC did not write ID3v2 tags in AIFF files correctly.

14.0.85 (10/17/2009)

1. NEW: Added support for Windows Aero / Glass skin 'Noire Glass'. (experimental, may not remain)
2. Changed: Changed how ID3v2 tag writing is handled in WAV/AIFF files when the tag data need to be moved from the beginning of the file to the end of the file.
3. Fixed: Visualizations embedded on a track info page did not bind to the correct zone. (only applies to build 84)
4. Changed: Improved sound quality of 'Tempo & Pitch' DSP.
5. Fixed: Smartlist modifiers were not being translated.
6. Internal: Removed MFC usage from installer.
7. Changed: When a skin requires Windows Aero, a warning is shown at skin load time if the system does not support Aero.
8. Changed: When a view that doesn't natively support Windows Glass is shown (like a webpage view) the view will be hosted in a separate window to avoid transparency issues.
9. Changed: Updated view header notes controls to be Glass friendly.

vagskal

Re: Media Center 14.0.96 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 11:53:25 am »

In the last few updates I have noticed a minor, but irritating, glitch:

1. Open a pane view and open the Tag Window.
2. Select a track, right click and choose a link (Track on AMG, for example). A new window opens with the link.
3. Go back to the original pane view (or another pane view).
4. Try to edit a tag in the Tag Window. You will have to click twice to get to the edit mode; on the first click the whole Tag Window only moves upward a notch.

(Sorry if I have the terminology wrong, but I hope you can understand. I can post screen shots to illustrate, if you like.)

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 12:41:51 pm »

3. NEW: Added Theater View option 'Disable screen saver in Theater View'.
awesome!
10. NEW: Added experimental support for audio burning when connected to library server (data burning not yet working).

Sheugel

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 01:55:28 pm »

14.0.97 (11/11/2009)

1. Possibility to sort 3D wall in standard view as before (downgrade)

Wow! Thanks

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 08:38:17 am »

I use several tabs in my view and I tried out the Party Mode which worked as expected. However, when I switched out of Party Mode back to normal, all of my tabs were reset. I'm not sure how long this has been this way as I've never used Party Mode before until now.

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 05:10:03 pm »

This is a stable version of MC 14.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Adding new views remotely doesn't work - even after doing "Library Sync" after.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 05:27:31 pm »

Adding new views remotely doesn't work - even after doing "Library Sync" after.
There are limits to what you can do with Library Server.  If you need the view, I think you'll need to add it on the server.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 08:42:59 pm »

1. Corrupted full screen

Open video file from Explorer displays in a boxed full screen.

Select the Maximize button; jumps to full screen with hiding title bar (instead of having to close display and re-open full screen).

Select maximize button again; now full screen is displaying something like 3000 for width as opposed to 1920. In standard view maxmize button will result in the same thing. I can no longer shrink MC to lower than the desktop res. with the max button. This started just tonight only after I seem to have corrupted MC with the aformentioned process.

2. Title bar is sticky

Title bar in full screen wil not disappear even when the mouse has been moved over the display area; needs a mouseclick to initiate. Over last few builds.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 08:48:25 pm »

1. Corrupted full screen

Open video file from Explorer displays in a boxed full screen.

Select the Maximize button; jumps to full screen with hiding title bar (instead of having to close display and re-open full screen).

Select maximize button again; now full screen is displaying something like 3000 for width as opposed to 1920. In standard view maxmize button will result in the same thing. I can no longer shrink MC to lower than the desktop res. with the max button. This started just tonight only after I seem to have corrupted MC with the aformentioned process.

2. Title bar is sticky

Title bar in full screen wil not disappear even when the mouse has been moved over the display area; needs a mouseclick to initiate. Over last few builds.
That sounds like you're jumping to Display View.  Try F11 once or twice.  Look at options for General/Behavior.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 09:02:36 pm »

Okay, but this is a default new install from last week.

The boxed view is subtly different from Display View which I am used to.

I am aware Standard, Display, Mini, & Theater View. This boxed/framed view is something I have never seen until I started opening up video files from Explorer.

The maximize bug I have never noticed until I clicked on maximize in the boxed/framed view.

Here's something interesting. On my laptop running 1024x768 MC did open a video in framed view, but not the 2nd time I tried. Display is not displaying properly on my x64 install when opened from Explorer.

I should take a screenshot.

MusicHawk

Auto-import cover art behavior seems odd -- a bug?
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 12:12:15 pm »

I sometimes manually import WAV files (often ripped from LP) into MC by manually running Auto-import on a single folder. When I do this MC 14.0.96 runs amok looking for cover art.

I put new tracks to manually import into a folder that is otherwise empty. MC's Auto-import is pointed at this folder (the only folder I ever use for Auto-import). I run it and MC adds the tracks to the library. Good.

In MC options, Auto-import is set to Get cover art. So even when run I run Auto-import manually, MC presumably tries to find cover art for the new tracks. (It usually fails because old LPs aren't in the cover art database, but it has seemed harmless to let it try.)

The temp import folder usually has just a dozen or so tracks of a single LP, so that's all the cover art searching I'd expect to happen.

BUT, during the Auto-import process of a dozen files, when MC automatically tries to locate cover art, it declares it is finding cover art for THOUSANDS of files and displays an incrementing counter as it does so. I have to manually STOP it.

What files?

My guess is that MC doesn't just process the new imported files, but instead decides to look for cover art for ALL files in the library that lack images. In my library that's many, many thousands, and the last thing I want is for MC to be adding oddball images to my library. And I don't know how to locate the tracks it might have updated to see what happened.

Apparently I can prevent this by deactivating "Auto-Import Folders > Options > Get cover art".

But unless there's a separate option I've overlooked, it seems like a bug that a setting for a specific process is being applied to the entire library rather than to just the specified Auto-Import Folders.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 12:20:15 pm »

Tools -> Options -> Playback->TV Tuner->Reset TV Settings...

This link is broken, or it just doesn't display a dialog when clicked. The "..." implies that some sort of confirmation will pop up, which would be desirable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up