INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reset TV Settings / No Sound on AT TV Wonder 600 USB  (Read 3448 times)

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
Reset TV Settings / No Sound on AT TV Wonder 600 USB
« on: November 20, 2009, 12:47:11 am »

Tools -> Options -> Playback->TV Tuner->Reset TV Settings...

This link is broken, or it just doesn't display a dialog when clicked. The "..." implies that some sort of confirmation will pop up, which would be desirable.

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
Re: Reset TV Settings
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 07:50:22 am »

I saw this also, clicked 'Reset TV Settings" and nothing happened, the old settings remained in place.

While on the subject, my ATi HD600 USB TV Stick will not work in MC14, but works fine with the ATi Catalyst software. In MC it does not show any image and claims an error.
I have the rendering set to Automatic, but have tried others with no change.
. . . the game is rigged

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 09:06:26 am »

This is temporarily not working.  I removed the old code but have not completed putting the new code in.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 12:34:28 am »

I saw this also, clicked 'Reset TV Settings" and nothing happened, the old settings remained in place.

While on the subject, my ATi HD600 USB TV Stick will not work in MC14, but works fine with the ATi Catalyst software. In MC it does not show any image and claims an error.
I have the rendering set to Automatic, but have tried others with no change.

AoXoMoXoA,

I have this exact TV tuner. This tuner is giving me the picture, but no sound in Analog mode...but everything works fine in digital mode (OTA). Like you, this tuner works perfectly in Windows Media Center and the ATi Catalyst software.

This is why I would like to access the "Reset TV settings", because this tuner did work fine when first plugged in. I have been trying every setting, but still no audio in analog mode.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 07:50:10 am »

thanks sdgrizdan,
this confirms it is likely not my equipment but the settings. Once Yaobing  gets the reset working again all should be good.
. . . the game is rigged

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 02:45:05 pm »

The easiest way to reset TV settings is to delete the "TV Settings" registry key, or the sub-key specific to the device.

The TV Settings key is at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 14\TV Settings

The device sub-key is harder to identify, because they look like this:

__?_ngene#ven_18c3&dev_0720&subsys_062e1461&rev_00&capture#5&2ea408e2&0&4#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}_{2745a78f-e8ca-11d8-a988-004030005452}

If a device key contains a value called "Has Physical Audio Connection To Sound Card", it is an analog device.  If a device key contain a value called "NetworkType", it is a digital device.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Reset TV Settings / No Sound on AT TV Wonder 600 USB
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 12:20:28 am »

Thanks Yaobing, but no luck. Note: I changed the title of this thread to include my ATI TV Wonder 600 USB device's problem.

I reset the TV settings as you instructed above. However, the picture is still mute (no audio) in analog mode.

Does anyone have success with this (popular) device? Again, it works perfectly in Windows Media Center.

In addition, I have a problem with accessing a certain setting for this tuner:
TV Options (in the guide window)->Television Devices...->[select analog tuner] Configure...->Advanced Properties Tab->Audio Capture Pin...

When try to go into the setting for "Audio Capture Pin..." , Media Center crashes. Can anyone replicate this crash? I can access all other settings.

Thanks for all and any help!

Yaobing

• Administrator
Re: Reset TV Settings / No Sound on AT TV Wonder 600 USB
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 09:21:10 am »

Does the device require a cable connecting from the device to the sound card?  Only very old TV devices require such connection.  If your device does not require such connection, make sure you do not check the checkbox "This device requires a cable to rout sound directly to the sound card" on Audio tab.

If you still have trouble with it, email me a log file.  I am yaobing at jriver dot com
Pages: [1]   Go Up