INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cant convert mp4 for sony walkman handheld  (Read 903 times)

Steve A

• Recent member
cant convert mp4 for sony walkman handheld
« on: November 21, 2009, 09:08:50 am »

i have some m4a files that play fine in media center (not DRM m4p).  When I try to upload to sony walkman with convert to mp3 or wma the transfer fails.  Also fails when I try to convert on desktop without trying to transfer. 

thanks for any suggestions

sunfire7

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: cant convert mp4 for sony walkman handheld
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 09:21:59 am »

Yo need to configure a direct show filter to play AAC to be able to convert to other formats.  Try with "DC-Bass Source".  (I have klite codec pack full, it includes it)
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

Steve A

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 12:14:19 pm »

thanks for the info.  I downloaded the klite, but don't see it it in the options for playback method in the file types menu.   Do i need to somehow associate it with MC?  should the j river video engine using direct show filters work?  (it's not so far).

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 07:59:15 pm »

Klite is a collection of codecs.  You will not see Klite in the configuration.  Instead you will see DirectShow filters that are part of the Klite pack.  Your selection depends on the audio format in your m4a files.  If your files contain aac audio, you can choose FFDShow Audio Decoder.  If your files contain ALAC (Apple Lossless), you will need DC Bass Source as suggested by sunfire7.  I do not know if Klite includes DC BASS Source.  It does include FFDShow.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up