INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What am I doing wrong with TV?  (Read 1359 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
What am I doing wrong with TV?
« on: November 22, 2009, 09:14:18 am »

I finally got the EPG loaded and it went well.  As long as it keeps updating every day.

So I decided to test this out.  So I selected 3 programs and chose record.  One already playing, one next hour, and one later in the night.  In the morning, I awake to find no new recordings.  Very strange.

So I decide to try recording while playing TV because I have witnessed that working.  I do: I turn on the morning news and select Record Morning News.  There is a bleep/flash--which is very unsettling but I can live with that for the time being.  Then I decide that since it's recording, I'll stop playing and look for another show.  Well, when I stop I see a new recordings item.  That may be good, I'm not sure yet.

Unfortunately, it is named Unassigned even though I definitely have the program guide set up.  Worse yet, it picks this blank piece of paper that has no transparency so there is this giant white box with a faded piece of paper.  This program even had cover art when I started playing it!

When I go to play it, audio starts, but I stay in theater view.  So I hit my magic remote button to jump to Display View and sure enough, there it is.  Of course it stops quickly, showing me that stopping the video stopped the recording.  Is this right?

Plus, the video that I see shows Watched: and it's still No!  I clearly just watched it to completion, all 0 Minutes of it.  Can it show seconds instead of 0 Minutes?

Please help me figure out what the problem is.  I haven't heard full fledged complaints like I am exclaiming recently so what is going on?  Or are some of these issues to work out.  I think the most unimaginable error is that programs I selected to record never got recorded--unless they got recorded but I have to auto-import them too?
Pages: [1]   Go Up