INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater view background images....very cool!  (Read 3662 times)

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Theater view background images....very cool!
« on: October 19, 2009, 06:08:42 pm »

Just curious where they come from.  I play "THe Who", there are images of The Who (not mine).  Average White Band... pictures of them..... Cream...same.   Then "The Animals"... and here come pictures of cows and chipmonks and a Killer Whale biting a guys leg off.  I'm cracking up here.  Anyway, obviously a fairly complete database of images.  Very entertaining!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Theater view background images....very cool!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 06:27:52 pm »

Just curious where they come from.
The Internet. 

It's good you like them. We'll provide a way to turn them on or off soon. 

They're part of the new feature called "Themes".  Themes can be configured under Theater View.

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 10:26:45 am »

What am I missing? I play music, go to Theater View/Playing Now and I only see the Van Gogh background images.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 10:37:32 am »

Try Options/Theater View/Themes.

gappie

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 10:49:31 am »

Seadrive: when you use version 84, and you find the feature, please tell. because then there is something wrong with my system, where this option disappeared with version 83..

:)
gab

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 11:34:02 am »

They appear to only be high quality images which is a big plus.  No 30x30 gifs destroying the view.

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 12:02:03 pm »

I must be losing my mind. I'm in Options/Theater View. I'm using the default theme. I don't see an option anywhere.

gappie

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 12:09:38 pm »

I must be losing my mind. I'm in Options/Theater View. I'm using the default theme. I don't see an option anywhere.
i had the same feeling this morning. my first attachment shows the option in version 82, the second attachment is from the same spot but version 84, and the option is gone...

gallimore

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 03:15:03 pm »

The Internet. 

It's good you like them. We'll provide a way to turn them on or off soon. 

They're part of the new feature called "Themes".  Themes can be configured under Theater View.

Although I love the idea, I am not so sure about some of the images it has downloaded so far. Just what a photograph of a newborn baby in an incubator in the middle of a hospital corridor with beaming parents and grandparents (I assume) standing around had to do with Tom Wait's "Heart of Saturday Night" puzzles me. The choices to go with Burial (a UK dubstep act) had nothing to do with the artist or music shall we say.

It's a good job my copy of Big Black's "Songs about f*cking" is on vinyl only, goodness knows what I would get with that  ;D

-stephen

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 11:54:20 am »

Yes, this option is no longer available for me in version .84.  I still have one PC running .81 and the "theme option...play slideshow" is still there.

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 12:13:01 pm »

It would be great to be able to show local images... maybe by dumping them in the artist or album folder, or even better associating them with a track or album within MC itself, then they could reside anywhere under any naming format. 

MrHaugen

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 06:37:49 am »

It would be great to be able to show local images... maybe by dumping them in the artist or album folder, or even better associating them with a track or album within MC itself, then they could reside anywhere under any naming format. 

Bingo. It's hard to make such a automated feature perfect, so the ability to add local pictures for Artists and series would really provide a knockout style change for Theater View. Automated might work for many, but not for the most anal of us. And some would like to add local images to artists and bands who bring up strange results I think.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 06:32:31 am »

It's a good job my copy of Big Black's "Songs about f*cking" is on vinyl only, goodness knows what I would get with that  ;D
-stephen

LMAO!  ;D

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 05:17:15 pm »

OK, now I get the option for displaying the slideshow. What exactly is an 'Artist View'? I notice that if I only have 1 artist in playing now I get the slideshow but if I have a playlist of multiple artists I get the regular background images in the theme. This is probably what you expect but I sort of expected the artist of the currently playing track to display. Am I configured wrong or is this the inteneded operation?

retro

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 06:31:35 pm »

What happened to this option..? It was really cool..!!

Will it come back (please) or is it gone for good..??

Daydream

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 07:57:15 pm »

What exactly made you think it's gone?

kabeer_g

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 01:43:38 pm »

I used to have v 14.0.79 and in theater view I used to get background images of the artist that J River would download from internet. However recently I upgraded to 14.0.94 and I do not see the images any more. I don't see an option to turn on slide show under theater view > theme. I really miss this option. Any help would be appreciated.

gappie

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 03:23:53 pm »

I used to have v 14.0.79 and in theater view I used to get background images of the artist that J River would download from internet. However recently I upgraded to 14.0.94 and I do not see the images any more. I don't see an option to turn on slide show under theater view > theme. I really miss this option. Any help would be appreciated.

download the latest version from the first post of this forum. the 'feature' was not available for a few builds.

:)
gab

edit: ijust saw you got the same answer in your cross post.

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 08:38:58 pm »

I am a tango DJ and I would love the ability to play subtle tango videos in the background of theater view while showing the playlist. Of course it has to be customizable and I would love have support for FLV.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 09:09:00 pm »

I am a tango DJ and I would love the ability to play subtle tango videos in the background of theater view while showing the playlist. Of course it has to be customizable and I would love have support for FLV.

Videos (including FLV) are supported.  Create a theme folder and drop the videos into the folder.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up