INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem using VST plug  (Read 1045 times)

DBB

• Junior Woodchuck
Problem using VST plug
« on: November 21, 2009, 05:12:29 pm »

I just downloaded JRiver 14.  I am interest in using some VST plug-ins I have. When I clicked on the "Add plug-in" button in the DSP Studio the program crashed, and has repeatedly, giving me an error message: "Error could not load preset library"  How can I fix this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Problem using VST plug
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 08:48:36 am »

Some installed DSP filter on your system is showing an error (the text you posted) when it's being enumerated.

Bugs in third-party filters like this cause us problems.  We don't have a workaround, except for uninstalling the poorly behaved third-party DSP.

We're looking into whether we can dynamically fill the DirectShow menu so that poorly behaved filters can't get in the way of adding a VST plugin.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DBB

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 05:39:09 pm »

Do you have any suggestions on how I would identify which poorly behaved third-party DSP is causing the problem.

Thanks,

David

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 06:32:33 pm »

Normally, you could do that by eliminating them one at a time, but if you've got a crash, it's harder.

Try the build at the top of this board, and then post any details you can.

If it turns out to be a DirectShow filter problem, installing CCCP usually works.  See the wiki (link above) on DirectShow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up