INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Renaming  (Read 726 times)

edbro

• Citizen of the Universe
Video Renaming
« on: November 23, 2009, 07:33:29 pm »

How do imported videos get named? I have ripped some dvds to avi with distinctive names (ex. manonfire.avi) but they get imported as DVD0266, DVD0267, etc. I also have some dvds ripped to .vob files using standard dvd structure and the dvd name as the folder name. These all get imported into MC with the same name of VIDEO_TS.

When I right click to rename, the only option I get is the standard renaming rules for my music files. How can I get MC to import with some kind of recognizable name or how can I rename in MC without changing the vob structure?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Video Renaming
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 09:14:02 am »

Some video files contain tag data and MC can read them.  If no tag data is available, MC uses filename as video name.  I do not know why you get those names.  Could your ripping software put those names in the file?  I am not sure if it is possible for avi files though.

As for VIDEO_TS, it should work, i.e. MC should get the folder name as the movies name, instead of VIDEO_TS.

There are various ways of changing the name field (as well as other fields) depending on the view you are in. For example you can choose "Tag" from the Action Window, which opens up a Tag window.  Find "Name" field and edit it and then close the Tag window.  The Library tool "Rename, Move, & Copy Files..." is for renaming filenames, not for renaming the Name field.  The Library Tool "Fill Properties From Filename..." can be used to rename fields.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up