INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG?] Using cue sheets to split tracks  (Read 1687 times)

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
[BUG?] Using cue sheets to split tracks
« on: November 24, 2009, 12:52:11 am »

I want to see if anyone else can reproduce this bug using 14.0.101

I rip a CD to one file (flac) and cue sheet.
I used the cue sheet to separate the files to flac using the "Convert Format".
playing the split files has the following effects.

1) Progression bar does not work.
2) In the diplay window the "Total Time" does not show the total time of the track but has "Live" instead.

Using the cue sheet I converted a single track to ape and mp3. None would play in MC. I tried playing all three file types in window media player. The ape and mp3 played fine. The flac file seems to have the same problem. The progression bar would not move.

221bBS

Re: [BUG?] Using cue sheets to split tracks
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 03:01:12 am »

Looks like MC is having problems splitting the tracks.

I found a software that could split the flac file. Played the split tracks in MC and had no problems.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 06:01:57 am »

I have no problems with cue track conversions.

The only setting that does not work is "Mode: Replace original file on disk and in library". After the first track is converted MC deletes the source file and the rest of the tracks will be lost. This should be fixed because it causes data loss. Some kind of sanity check is needed.

There was a problem with the playback range value which was not cleared when cue track was converted to a separate file and MC was set to include the converted file in the library. This caused erroneous playback behavior. However, this problem was fixed several months ago.
(Playback Range is a library field that contains the exact audio sample range for cue track playback. You can check its value by adding it to a list view as a column or by showing it in Action Window > Tag.)

I wonder if either of the source files (cue or flac) is causing the problem. Were you able to play the cue tracks normally before you converted them?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

221bBS

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 07:21:32 am »

I can play the cue tracks without any problems. I can also play the main flac file without any problems.

I did notice that the playback range is filled out in the flac files I split. Clearing the field seems to solve the problem.

But now I noticed that some of the files that I split was cut short. The worst being a 2 minute track becoming a 3 seconds track.  :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up