INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server Viability?  (Read 814 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Library Server Viability?
« on: November 25, 2009, 01:06:13 am »

I am trying to use library server--actually considering using it exclusively if possible!  Why does the username/password dialog always have to popup even when my credentials are remembered and filled in?  I have to click OK.

Also, how do changes to view schemes and such get uploaded?  If I remove a couple columns (filename, bitrate, etc.) when do these get saved back to the server?  Also, do other clients get these updates?

Will settings ever get sent out over library server?  This would fill a big void in MC's housewide viability for me.  Also, I just installed Windows 7 and after carefully configuring every setting, I added my library server (client end).  Once loaded, MC immediately began importing.  WHAT??  Turns out it was importing my Windows music, pictures, and video.  All three of these contain garbage demo files and this was quite upsetting.  I don't like the default choosing these folders.

PLUS: what is the reason for auto import here?  Does library server push new file additions down to clients?  If files are added, do they get pushed back to the server?  Then, a C:\ file would get added--that wouldn't work on other systems.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Library Server Viability?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 07:51:57 am »

You don't have to use a login and password for Library Server.  If you're concerned about external access, move it to a higher numbered port (3515, for example). 

You can set autoimport to import only the folders you want.

Library Server sync is currently only manual.  You must cause it to happen before you disconnect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up