INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 14 File Location Error  (Read 998 times)

DaLarry

• Recent member
  • Yesteryear's technology RIGHT NOW!
MC 14 File Location Error
« on: November 28, 2009, 02:29:53 pm »

I've been getting this error every time I open MC14:

The files don't exist on Drive I: and never have.  My music library is installed on drive "N" and has been since MC12.  I've made sure the MC14 "File Locations" on the Options Menu to look for them there and the names are spelled correctly but the error keeps popping up.  There are obviously some bad pointers in the database but I am not sure how to make it update itself.

Any insight would be appreciated.

The technology of a sufficiently advanced civilization will be virtually indistinguishable from magic.
Sir Arthur C. Clarke

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 14 File Location Error
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 02:37:50 pm »

Did you try searching for the track by name inside MC?

DaLarry

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 06:52:32 pm »

I haven't tried that but what I have been doing is deleting the "bad" link from inside MC14 and then browsing to the actual folder and doing an "Open Media File" and selecting all the tunes in that album which seems to fix it for that particular tune.  However, a few others will immediately pop up.  I'm trying to imagine how my database got populated with so many bad links in the first place.  Really puzzling.  Seems like there ought to be some command to tell the database to rebuild it's indexes.  What's really puzzling is that there has never been a drive "I:" on my system.  My music files are on a NAS drive to which I have assigned the drive letter "N"??
The technology of a sufficiently advanced civilization will be virtually indistinguishable from magic.
Sir Arthur C. Clarke

DaLarry

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 07:21:33 pm »

I found a "fix".  I went to the "Artist" display with split screen; album art at the top and file names at the bottom.  I selected all files and did a Library Tools "Find and Replace" on file path; replacing "I:\" with "N:\".  That seems to have worked.  I'm still puzzled by how the whole library got hammered in the first place.  Oh, well.  Back to listening. :-\
Sir Arthur C. Clarke
Pages: [1]   Go Up