Poll

How to get Shuffle All to work with a DVD playlist

Theater View
- 0 (0%)
Shuffle All
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shuffle All doesn't work with a DVD playlist  (Read 722 times)

m_gray101

Shuffle All doesn't work with a DVD playlist
« on: December 02, 2009, 06:33:40 am »

Hello,

I've had problems playing DVD content before with Media Center showing "Live" and not allowing me to manually fast forward, rewind, or skip to new tracks on the DVD.  I finally fixed this problem by turning off "Use Bookmarking" on all my video files.

Now I have a similar issue.  I have playlists of DVD's setup.  When I try to "Shuffle All" in Theater View, the first file plays just fine and randomly.  When it gets to the end of the first file, it just shows "Live" and I can't do anything except hit "stop."  To get a little more specific, i've taken some of my cartoon DVDs and individually ripped each episode in DVD format (ie: each cartoon is in its own folder with a VIDEO_TS.ifo, etc...) and I am trying to make playlists of the cartoons.  Each cartoon acts just like a DVD and in fact I get the same problem if I try to shuffle all with my movie DVD collection.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Shuffle All doesn't work with a DVD playlist
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 07:18:21 am »

i guess you ripped those files without the menue?
ive had this problem a long time ago: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37766.0
and it is indeed still there.
made me switch to used mkv files. i know it is not much of a help, but im glad i did.

good luck
 :)
gab

ps: welcome to the forum 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up