INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: album not in list  (Read 1713 times)

sdcoochie8

• Junior Woodchuck
album not in list
« on: December 02, 2009, 09:55:35 am »

I recently imported 5 Red Hot Chili Peppers albums and they all show up in the recently imported view. However, in the album view of the group 1 is missing. I had this problem before with collective soul however, in that case it was because there were 2 album titles the same (and I do not think it should do this anyway both should have been displayed), this is not the case here. All albums are properly tagged using media center and checked with mp3tag. I just can't see why this is happening it never did this in 13 which I just recently uninstalled after the upgrade. I am running the latest 106 build.

I also can not run interact through MC (must use browser) I run everything else but when I go to interact it tells me an internet connection is required when I go to say all music guide it works fine this issue has been on going for me for a while.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: album not in list
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 10:15:48 am »

I also can not run interact through MC (must use browser) I run everything else but when I go to interact it tells me an internet connection is required when I go to say all music guide it works fine this issue has been on going for me for a while.
What happens if you use IE?

gappie

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 10:19:58 am »

I recently imported 5 Red Hot Chili Peppers albums and they all show up in the recently imported view. However, in the album view of the group 1 is missing.
could it be that there is something in the [album artist] tag? or may the album is not imported as audio?

:)
gab

sdcoochie8

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 10:28:21 am »

IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari all work fine and this has always been the case. I have posted this problem before and the result has always been you suggest it is my anti virus or firewall. However it is only with jriver site (interact mainly) and I have never had a problem accessing jriver or interact in any browser on my system.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 10:29:40 am »

IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari all work fine and this has always been the case. I have posted this problem before and the result has always been you suggest it is my anti virus or firewall. However it is only with jriver site (interact mainly) and I have never had a problem accessing jriver or interact in any browser on my system.
MC uses IE, so if it works in IE, it should work.  It is most likely a problem with some security software running on your machine.

sdcoochie8

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 10:35:52 am »

Quote from: sdcoochie8 on Today at 09:55:35 am
I recently imported 5 Red Hot Chili Peppers albums and they all show up in the recently imported view. However, in the album view of the group 1 is missing.
could it be that there is something in the [album artist] tag? or may the album is not imported as audio?

I checked the tagging in mp3tag and the album is tagged like the others and appears to be good. The album is in the other views such as artist/year - album or date/album/artist all standard views so I can't understand why it is not showing up in the standard artist/album view under any mode ie. panes or artist thumbnails etc views.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 10:40:20 am »

There are two artists -- artist and album artist.  Try checking both. 

sdcoochie8

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 10:43:45 am »

MC uses IE, so if it works in IE, it should work.  It is most likely a problem with some security software running on your machine.
I have been running your software since version 5 and was actively involved in the beta testing process for many versions through 8 at least and was very active on the forum. I never had this problem until version 13 and the same suggestion is given that it is a problem with one of my apps. Explain to me why then that I have no problem with IE if it is using IE or any other browser for that matter and why it is only with interact and not google or all music or any other site I wish to visit through media center.

sdcoochie8

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 10:55:00 am »

There are two artists -- artist and album artist.  Try checking both. 
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this but I have checked all views and it doesn't show up in the main standard view in any of the view schemes - panes, artist thumbnails etc...
Audio
Artist/Album
It does show up in the other views such as
Audio
Artist/Year - Album or
Date/Artist/Album
etc...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 10:58:34 am »

I'm not questioning your credentials, but it is the only explanation I can think of.  An old version of IE maybe?

Please take a careful look at your security software.

If you still think I'm giving you useless advice, please read the several pages of problems in the link called "Stability" in my signature.  Every one of those started with someone believing the problem was with MC.  Every one turned out to be a cause other than MC.

I'm not saying that I'm never wrong.  I'm just giving you the best advice I know.

sdcoochie8

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 02:50:24 pm »

The interact thing is not a big deal although I can not figure out why this is happening I can connect to interact through IE8. I would like to know why the album is not showing up under the main view scheme. Perhaps there is someone who has had this problem and has fixed this.
Also I have paid for many upgrades of MC but I find myself not using it at all for video or pictures would it be better for me just to use the free Jukebox?
Pages: [1]   Go Up