INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple ZONES - Start playing current playlist works only for one zone  (Read 1729 times)

TOM_SZG

• Recent member

Is there a possibility if you check "Start playing current playlist" on startup to do this for all zones? After a restart MC starts the playlist of the last active zone. All others I have to start manually.

Another problem which occurs only with multiple zones: After ending MC one or more zones are still playing music. In the taskmanager there is no MC task but still a running MC process. After a restart it says mediacenter did not end properly. Is this a known problem?

shifty

Re: Multiple ZONES - Start playing current playlist works only for one zone
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 01:09:49 pm »

I guess this is a bump.  I would also like to be able to control two zones with a single set of controls.  Most receivers I have used call this type of thing a scene.  As it is, it is a little cumbersome as to switch a song for both zones I have to:

1. click stop on primary zone
2. switch zones
3. click stop on secondary zone
4. start secondary zone w/ new song or playlist
5. sync primary zone from secondary zone

If saving a zone setup and having it initiate on startup as well as control all audio feed changes simultaneously in two zones is not a feature, it definitely should be!  I am liking some of the other features of MC 14, but the main reason I use it is to play audio feeds to multiple zones.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multiple ZONES - Start playing current playlist works only for one zone
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 04:29:25 pm »

Is there a possibility if you check "Start playing current playlist" on startup to do this for all zones? After a restart MC starts the playlist of the last active zone. All others I have to start manually.

there is a way around it.. you could use a bat file.
when using a bat set
mc14.exe /mcc 10000,16777216
mc14.exe /mcc 10000,33554432
mc14.exe /mcc 10000,50331648

etc to start playback from zone 1, 2 and 3.. more here: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands  look for zones.

it would be nice if you could use the scheduler from mc for it, under services and plugins, but that misses a 'on start up' option.

:)
gab

TOM_SZG

• Recent member

Thank's a lot, it works!

GoochyPuppy

Ditto...

I cannot seem to find a simple way to get multiple Zones (currently over DLNA, but still) to play synchronously.

The "sync" option only seems to copy the play list from one zone to another, but the target zone always restarts playing at 0:00 so not in sync with the source master zone.

Help?  ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up