INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Picture tagging question - Sorting as folder structure in theaterview  (Read 2512 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

please see pic.. im setting up theater view now for pictures. an curious what the best way is to set it up.  as you can see from pic i have 3 main folders in my pic drive, bizz pic, graphics pics, dvd posters inside those are subfolders for better sorting so in graphics pics there is artists and art, animals, abstract etc...  i'd liek to be able to open theaterview chose images, and it would show, personal pics,graphics, and bizz pics, then when i chose one of those it would bring me the next page which would show the subfolders of all those, then once i chose a subfolder of those it would show subfolders of all the folders in that folder. we do graphics design here and have bought many graphics cd's and there are many subfolders. so i would like a easy way to have these all show up in theater view in a nice structure.

any tips would be appreciated.
TY

HTPC4ME

Re: Picture tagging question - Sorting as folder structure in theaterview
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 10:22:19 am »

bump please.. really need to know how to set this up, and if not the best \ quickest way to tag them so that it would show up as a structure via tagging and changing the theater view.

ty

HTPC4ME

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 10:46:01 am »

in media center standard view i see location which allows me to view them all in a tree type structure... but when i goto theaterview options i cannot find anywhere to allow me to choose location, so i'm not sure how to get the tree structure to show up in theater view for images...

ty

raldo

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 11:26:02 am »

in media center standard view i see location which allows me to view them all in a tree type structure... but when i goto theaterview options i cannot find anywhere to allow me to choose location, so i'm not sure how to get the tree structure to show up in theater view for images...

ty

I think this should be possible if you add expression type items under items to show in the theater view configuration.

To show the lowermost folder, enter

ListItem([Filename (path)], Math(ListCount([Filename (path)], \) - 1), \)

as an expression for the lowermost folder.

gappie

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 11:37:25 am »

what raldo says will work nicely.
you also have the option to choose filepath when adding an item to thv. you can browse the folders that way to.

:)
gab

HTPC4ME

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 12:21:19 pm »

you also have the option to choose filepath when adding an item to Theater View. you can browse the folders that way to.

how do i accomplish that? i looked but not sure where to change that setting.

TY guys

HTPC4ME

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 01:39:02 pm »

well these are the steps i took and its not working... open tools options theaterview choose images, set rules for file display, media type is image, add new rule filename path is G:\My Pictures. and then hit apply, ok, ok then went to theaterview, and now no pictures are showing up at all?

Think i'm missing something here. :(

I promise once i get this figured out with your help.. i will be screen capturing what i did so that on future installs since there is no way to save our settings i wont have to ask again :) but for now i'm still lost.

gappie

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 02:29:54 pm »

well these are the steps i took and its not working... open tools options theaterview choose images, set rules for file display, media type is image, add new rule filename path is G:\My Pictures. and then hit apply, ok, ok then went to theaterview, and now no pictures are showing up at all?

Think i'm missing something here. :(

I promise once i get this figured out with your help.. i will be screen capturing what i did so that on future installs since there is no way to save our settings i wont have to ask again :) but for now i'm still lost.
i think you look at the wrong place. look at the two attachments. does that help? on the second you see file path. choose expression there for the solution from raldo. when you need a real step to step ill can try later...

gab

HTPC4ME

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 03:43:09 pm »

ok i'm still not getting it. Ive done what you did, and when i goto theaterview nothing shows up under images. i made a new library item from standard view and deleted the old albums and renamed the new one albums and chose file location.  but nothing shows up

here is the pic showing you what i've done.

gappie

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 04:31:18 pm »

what did you put under 'set rules for file display'? also when you seect images the root from this view, what did you set there for the rules?

gab

HTPC4ME

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 04:38:05 pm »

Gappie YOU ROCK... yeah was USER ERROR AGAIN> lol under images rules, i had forgotten to take out the location\mypictures i had made earlier. once i removed that rule, they all showed up in a tree like structure :)

TY, TY, TY

gappie

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 05:05:53 pm »

great,  8)

may i suggest to try also the suggestion of raldo above, it might be even more what you are after (or maybe not, just try.)

gab

HTPC4ME

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 05:08:25 pm »

i def will as we speak ;)  and i will screen capture both settings for when\if i have to reinstall jriver. Much Appreciated guys. TY.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 10:31:42 am »

hi guys loving the way this looks thank you again :)

not sure if should start a new thread but figured since you too were so helpful i'd ask here.. on emore question about views for movies...  i have alot of tv series dvd i bought, like 24, all in the family married with children, how would i set up the view so that when i choose television shows, right now it shows them in genreen when i choose action it shows all the episodes of 24 all in the family etc.. how can i set it up so that when i chose action it just shows one cover art for all action shows? and then when i click on the one cover art it would show all episodes of that action show? this would really clean up television shows especially being there are so many episodes and it would lower the amount of scrolling. would this be a view change? or should i tag them diffrently?

TY

gappie

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 04:53:07 pm »

hi guys loving the way this looks thank you again :)

not sure if should start a new thread but figured since you too were so helpful i'd ask here.. on emore question about views for movies...  i have alot of tv series dvd i bought, like 24, all in the family married with children, how would i set up the view so that when i choose television shows, right now it shows them in genreen when i choose action it shows all the episodes of 24 all in the family etc.. how can i set it up so that when i chose action it just shows one cover art for all action shows? and then when i click on the one cover art it would show all episodes of that action show? this would really clean up television shows especially being there are so many episodes and it would lower the amount of scrolling. would this be a view change? or should i tag them diffrently?

TY
i gues there are people who have done this more sofisticated then me. i have a library field that makes me set the video type, movie, serie, music, docu... and i set the serie name in the album. then my series view, i use it as in a categorie on the frontpage, goes album, number plays which just gives me the series as startup, and when im halfway one i see from the numberplays where i left of...
i think there are some other setups on the forum.. a search might help.

gab

HTPC4ME

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 05:13:12 pm »

ok ty.. i'll play around more with it, and see if i can come up with something in  a search ty for your time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up