INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show off your Setup question  (Read 1355 times)

netplanet

• Recent member
Show off your Setup question
« on: December 10, 2009, 09:58:47 pm »

Is there a thread or forum where people can show their customizations and their setup? I would love to see what others have done with the program

thanks

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Show off your Setup question
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 10:26:50 pm »

This isn't really a customization, but a not often known way to have MC access more than YADB.

JRiver offers secure ripping like the old standard EAC does. When ripping you don't have to be limited to JRiver's community database, YADB, you can use metadata repositories Gracenote & FreeDB to export the cdplayer.ini and have MC pull in the info from the disc info that was not found on YADB.

Since I started using Audiograbber & Player for this I have rarely had a disc that does not get auto-tagged (with additional corrections/modifications added by me). In the settings for either Player or Audiograbber there is an option under File to "export .ini". Nothing much happens until you go into MC and choose (right click) the drive and choose Update via Cd.ini. I also suggest turning on "auto-update cdplayer.ini for Player", but you will still need to manually import and update the .ini in MC14

These are huge databases and nice to have at your fingertips!

sunfire7

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 07:47:11 pm »

would be nice a place when all community can show their setup, we can grab tips from others!
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 07:52:00 pm »

Are you talking customisations or simply examples of peoples setups?

My setup is fairly simple -

1x 50" Panasonic Plasma
PC with JRMC14
USBUIRT IR Receiver
HIP remote software.
Logitech Harmony One Universal Remote.
DVD / CDs ripped full quality to HDD (Though I need to get around to converting the Music Files to lossless instead of .wav)

Harmony One is programmed using an old DVICO IR remote I had lying around, then teaching MC the buttons.
HIP is used to recognise the PCOff button when suspending the PC.
USBUIRT is flash programmed to restore from suspend when it's pressed again.

Activities function of the remote lets me press "Watch TV" and have the TV turn on, the PC restore from suspend and MC change to TheaterView - TV (after waiting 15seconds for the PC to restore fully). Same goes for My Videos, My Music etc.

Of course this can probably all be done with the MC Remote as well using the blasting function.

As far as customisation is concerned, most of it that you'll find gets done by way of Nesting and Views i.e how people like there movies or photos or music collection to be catalogued in TheaterView. In this way what you can do with the software is pretty much limitless and it's just one of the things that makes MC so much better than the rest.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 03:17:40 pm »

can you use your harmony one as a mouse? or keyboard? are there any universal remotes that allow this that your familiar with?
TY

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 04:49:53 am »

Hey Mate,

The One is basically just a 'Host' if you will. It is programmed off other remotes (mine off my old DualDigital TV card remote).

Probably the best way to do what you're looking for is to program the remote from your MCE remote and use a third party software like Girder or HIP to recognise the IR command and translate it to keyboard commands.

So yes, it is possible to use it as a keyboard, in a sense.

Mouse as in pointing device, I wouldn't imagine so but the logitech forums should help you out there.

I use HIP to capture the PCOff command from my One and translate it to the keyboard command to shutdown the PC to Standby - just like the MCE remote does natively. Of course, this is only one example and the MCE remote that JRiver sells does this without the need for HIP, but this works for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up