INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 14.0.106 -- Available Here  (Read 9739 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 14.0.106 -- Available Here
« on: December 01, 2009, 09:56:36 am »

This is a stable version of MC 14.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter140106.exe

14.0.106 (11/30/2009)

1. Fixed: Store navigation could crash in some cases.
2. Changed: Minor application manifest change that should disable any UAC redirection (and the problems associated with redirection).
3. Fixed: Several edit control fixes and improvements.
4. Changed: Notes hide internal Google data.
5. Fixed: UPnP audio transcoding broken in build 14.0.104
6. Added: UPnP, more mimetype support for mp4/m4v files for DLNA devices like the PS3. This will enable mp4/m4v files supported by the device to be played without transcoding.

14.0.105 (11/25/2009)

1. NEW: Edit control for notes supports formatting (font size, color, bolding, etc.).
2. Changed: Notes stored as HTML instead of XML.

14.0.104 (11/23/2009)

1. Optimized: Spell checking engine is loaded in a background thread when using a spell-checking edit control.
2. Changed: Improved how edit control breaks data into words so that control+arrow, double-click on a word, spell-checking etc. do a better job with contractions, hyphenated words, etc.
3. Optimized: Improved edit control redrawing system to make fewer and smaller redraws.
4. Changed: Enumeration of available DirectShow DSP filters is postponed until the "Add DirectShow DSP Filter" submenu is selected (in Plug-in Manager and DSP Studio) .
5. Added: UPnP DLNA/PS3 and Xbox 360 m4v mimetype support. Not guaranteed to work with all m4v files.
6. Added: UPnP video transcoding to WMV. Not configurable. Checkbox in uPnP options. Converts everything to a basic wmv format. Works with Xbox 360, not in PS3 yet. Need feedback for other devices.

14.0.103 (11/19/2009)

1. Fixed: When Theater View failed to load due to a graphics failure, it would crash instead of nicely printing an error on the screen.
2. Fixed: OSD in video playback only showed the first line (build 102 only).
3. Added: aac audio playback and mp4 video playback mimetypes to uPnP server. Allows playback on Xbox 360 with free optional codec from xbox live.
4. Added: UPnP server device icon.
5. Fixed: UPnP audio transcoding that required direct show filters.
6. Changed: Changed how MC handles converting from byte buffer to string when reading tags from WAVE INFO LIST chunks.
7. NEW: Added spell checker to Notes (still a work in progress (slow, known bugs); compatible with OpenOffice / Firefox dictionaries; dictionaries go in Languages folder (see English for example)).

14.0.102 (11/18/2009)

1. NEW: Full VCD playback support, with ability to jump from track to track.
2. Fixed: When recording two consecutive television programs, the second recording could be imported with the program name of the first recording, if the user was watching the show when the second recording started.
3. NEW: Notes allows typing freeform and the data is parsed into fields automatically (fields can be changed by selecting text and right-clicking, or clicking the label).
4. NEW: Added the ability to create a contact at Google when exporting a contact to Google that didn't already exist.

14.0.101 (11/17/2009)

1. Fixed: iPod detection could be a problem in the last couple builds.
2. Fixed: YouTube-based Podcasts (i.e. feed URL of youtube:cars) were very slow (only applies to last few builds).

14.0.100 (11/16/2009)

1. Fixed: Playback with visualizations enabled could cause a crash.

14.0.99 (11/16/2009)

1. Fixed: When doing Restart Player during time-shifting, or start watching a TV show while recording is going on, there could be a loud sound at the beginning.
2. Fixed: Video crashed in build 98.
3. Fixed: Rotating an image would not always update the thumbnail correctly.
4. Changed: Media Center is marked as DPI aware to prevent the buggy Windows Vista / Windows 7 DPI virtualization from running (remember you can set font sizes for Media Center in Options > Tree & View).
5. Changed: User font size selections are stored in a DPI-dependent way to provide better scaling as a user changes DPI (user font selection will need to be reset).
6. Fixed: Previous/Next button did not move video to previous/next chapter when playing video with chapters.
7. Fixed: Hiss in L16 (Big endian wave) conversion. Affected uPnP server conversions to uncompressed wave.

14.0.98 (11/13/2009)

1. Fixed: DirectShow Filter selection for "DVD Video (ifo, vob)" file type did not have any effect.
2. Fixed: Problem playing m3u playlists.
3. NEW: CD burning now works in data mode as well as audio mode with data coming over library server.
4. Changed: Improved MyMovies support with regard to ripped DVDs' folder specification.  MyMovies.xml in the parent folder of VIDEO_TS folder will be used if one is not found in the VIDEO_TS folder itself.
5. Changed: If hardware fails to create large ASIO buffers, the program will fallback to the default size. (relates to ASIO option 'Use large hardware buffers (recommended to prevent stutter)')
6. NEW: Added album art support to the uPnP server.
7. Fixed: Some more mimetypes parsed and passed by the uPnP server (should play more supported media types).

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
Re: Media Center 14.0.106 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 12:31:48 pm »

Two bugs reported in 101 and still open in 106:

1. After playing a WMV file, it can't be tagged or deleted, and is reported "in use" after closing MC.

2. Semicolon-delimited fields are combo-box styled when edited, not completion-filled as in fields like Album. Down arrow shows Cut/Copy/Paste context menu after clicking in a delimited field to edit it, rather than scrolling down the choices.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 11:25:48 pm »

1. Theater View sorting doesn't work for library field (e.g. Albums always sorted by name).

2. Zone 1 There - doesn't pause in Theater View (pause button broken).

3. Zone 1 There - No Playing Now in Theater View, just an image of current playing cover art.

4. Not touch screen friendly in Theater View. Can't swipe screen to access menus and sub-fields; must click and go into a field to "go right" to items out of view.

5. Still seeing glitches in the title bar in full screen display view during video jumping from standard mode. Often mouse gets left up over title bar and it stays visible, but also when I move the mouse down away from the title bar, I need to click the screen to tell MC that pointer is no longer over the title bar.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 03:52:41 pm »

In my Playing Now pane, Image (large thumbnail) fails to show the image.
However Image (small thumbnail) works fine in Playing Now pane and both work fine in other Pane views.

Is this intentionally prevented in Playing Now view for some reason, or am I seeing another issue?
. . . the game is rigged

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 04:06:25 pm »

I edited an NEF file, first cropping, then reducing it. I saved it as a BMP file and opened it with PhotoShop to convert it to PNG.

The bug: when I opened the BMP file, PhotoShop showed it as having an Alpha channel. The Alpha channel shows all white when enabled. If you wish, the original NEF and the saved 32-bit w/Alpha BMP are here: <removed, resolved>

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 04:22:02 pm »

I edited an NEF file, first cropping, then reducing it. I saved it as a BMP file and opened it with PhotoShop to convert it to PNG:

The bug: when I opened the BMP file, PhotoShop showed it as having an Alpha channel. The Alpha channel shows all white when enabled. If you wish, the original NEF and the saved 32-bit w/Alpha BMP are here: http://www.TrackPlanning.com/music/Concorde.zip

All image handling in Media Center is 32-bit, with alpha support.

Saving to BMP preserves this and the alpha channel should be correct, even if the image is fully opaque.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

p7389

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 08:55:10 pm »

The picture is pretty self-explanatory. Everything except the drop-down menu disappears upon clicking the button.

This isn't new - I have experienced this behavior through all versions of 14 that I have used. Just reporting it now.

Running Windows 7 x64.
[img width= height= alt=My Top Albums]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/3month/7x1/p7389.jpeg[/img]

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 05:41:02 am »

1) when calculating with expression Math in minus MC crashes, workaround is to place a zero in between
    like Math([field1]-0-[field2])

2) when calculating with numbers that have data type decimal MC shows 0

also..when adding more than one decimal like 2,53 mc change that to 15 decimals 2,5299999713897705
you see that when you export the data do .mpl

..and when adding a decimal rule in a smartlist like "greater than 2,5" you have to use "." instead of ","
MT5FR

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 05:03:45 pm »

The picture is pretty self-explanatory. Everything except the drop-down menu disappears upon clicking the button.

This isn't new - I have experienced this behavior through all versions of 14 that I have used. Just reporting it now.

Running Windows 7 x64.

We've never seen this before, using the same OS.

Anyone else?  Any other clues?

jack wallstreet

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 08:52:37 pm »

I was curious and tested options/general on 106 win7 64 and could not duplicate.
John

HiFiTubes

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 08:56:19 pm »

Corrupted library and MC will not open.

Here's how:

1. Put in Party Mode.

2. Close MC.

3. Open shared library from PC2.

4. Open PC1 in Party Mode, say yes to read-only.

5. PC1 will not open MC even after reboot. But will open fine on another PC so library is not corrupted.

How can I restore access to PC1? Is there a way to enter Mc in safe-mode? (I have already ticked the 3 boxed which came up)

p7389

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 08:24:59 am »

I was curious and tested options/general on 106 win7 64 and could not duplicate.

So, I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with the graphics drivers? I used to have a AMD HD3300 integrated card, now I use an AMD 5850. Using Catalyst 9.10.

Other than that... Well:

Media Center 14.0.106 Registered -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 14\

6.1  (Build 7600)
Intel Core 3199 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 4189 MB, Free - 2848 MB

Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.7600 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.1.7600 / Shell32.dll: 6.1.7600 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive I:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive K:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive I: Optiarc  DVD RW AD-7243S    Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:25  MaxSpeed:25  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

Anyone got any ideas? It's not a big thing, it doesn't impact the functionality in any way. But it does look strange.
[img width= height= alt=My Top Albums]http://lastfm.obsessive-media.de/3month/7x1/p7389.jpeg[/img]

Bibo

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 09:58:35 am »

I have been having this problem since I moved to v14.
During music playback, when I mouse click on an artist or an album in the left window, I always hear a disturbing "burp", a "whiz" of some sort.
It doesn't happen if I select something in the Action menu or main window.
I employ a professional LynxTwo-B card with Asio.
Anything I can do?
Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 10:02:32 am »

I have been having this problem since I moved to v14.
During music playback, when I mouse click on an artist or an album in the left window, I always hear a disturbing "burp", a "whiz" of some sort.
It doesn't happen if I select something in the Action menu or main window.
I employ a professional LynxTwo-B card with Asio.
Anything I can do?
Thanks
ASIO has some MC settings you can try.

Also look at the thread called "Stability" in my signature.

gappie

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 12:08:28 pm »

also..when adding more than one decimal like 2,53 mc change that to 15 decimals 2,5299999713897705
you see that when you export the data do .mpl
and also when using [somefield,0]. gues it is db dither?

:)
gab

Bibo

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 12:46:59 pm »

ASIO has some MC settings you can try.

Also look at the thread called "Stability" in my signature.

I tried to play with buffer size in Asio menu, to change playback from 24/192 to 16/44, to remove XO plug-in - nothing helped  :(  ?

Furthermore, I have another annoying thing. I have prebuffer set to 6 sec and playback from memory. If I stop playback and start a new song, after the new bufferring has finished, I hear a "bump" noise (probably from the previous song) which should not be there. It seems like the buffer was not empty from the previous song.
You suggested something in the Playback Options menu relative to "aggressive". I tried but it is related to track switching/smooth cross-fade and it does not seem to have any effect. I tried both smooth and aggressive, and changed timing for the fade.
As I said, it seem related to the buffer itself. Obviously, when I start a song playback from scratch, I want a clean start...not a hiccup!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 01:27:35 pm »

1) when calculating with expression Math in minus MC crashes, workaround is to place a zero in between
    like Math([field1]-0-[field2])

I haven't been able to reproduce this.

Are you able to post an example expression that crashes?  Can you make it crash without using fields to simplify the issue?

I'm guessing the comma vs period for decimal is causing an issue.

Thanks.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 06:03:01 am »

I haven't been able to reproduce this.

Are you able to post an example expression that crashes?  Can you make it crash without using fields to simplify the issue?

I'm guessing the comma vs period for decimal is causing an issue.

Thanks.

matt, it seems like it works with default fields like width-height...but if you add 2 new custom fields in integer and use expression math and minus (-) like Math([newcustomfieldinintger1]-[newcustomfieldininteger2])  MC crashes (it works with +)

i also noticed it works OK with multiply "*" but division "/" gives you zero
MT5FR

HiFiTubes

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 08:11:22 am »

CD playback broken in read-only mode standard mode; more info forthcoming. Drive is recognized and track lookup works but I get a playback error message.

p7389

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 06:01:37 pm »

Just wanted to say that the old last.fm problem where the plugin terminates if not active in a window has reoccured for me. I just keep it in a separate tab for now. The launch at j river start option automatically becomes unchecked.

evsol

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 08:54:28 am »

Having the same issue as p7389

Just wanted to say that the old last.fm problem where the plugin terminates if not active in a window has reoccured for me. I just keep it in a separate tab for now. The launch at j river start option automatically becomes unchecked.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 11:56:02 am »

Library Server is switching audio devices by itself in between tracks.

started with no sound after lunch. So I selected the proper sound card and it worked okay until the next track.

Then I set the default Windows device which fixed the problem in MC.

Next track, no sound and my HDMI sound device was selected vs. the Audigy.

Other than that, LS is wonderful. Just burned my first disc over WAN.

Dirhael

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 02:08:55 pm »

Having the same issue as p7389

...and so am I, on both Win7 32- and 64-bit.
:: My J​RMC history :: 13>14>15> 16>17>18>19>20>21>23>24>25>26>27>28>29>30>31

HiFiTubes

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 02:12:14 pm »

...and so am I, on both Win7 32- and 64-bit.

Strange, I'm not having this issue on Windows 7 x64 or Vista x86.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 02:18:37 pm »

1. I had to uninstall and re-install MC14 to get my HTPC back online.

Are we supposed to be able to combine Party-Mode with read-only access?

I'd like to keep my HTPC in Party-Mode and it happens to host all the master files on the network, so I'd like to have the laptop get write-access for tagging.

2. Tested CD burn today over WAN; flawless!

Here's how:

1. Put in Party Mode.

2. Close MC.

5. PC1 will not open MC even after reboot. But will open fine on another PC so library is not corrupted.

How can I restore access to PC1? Is there a way to enter Mc in safe-mode? (I have already ticked the 3 boxed which came up)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 05:06:43 pm »

matt, it seems like it works with default fields like width-height...but if you add 2 new custom fields in integer and use expression math and minus (-) like Math([newcustomfieldinintger1]-[newcustomfieldininteger2])  MC crashes (it works with +)

i also noticed it works OK with multiply "*" but division "/" gives you zero

I created those two fields and added an expression column to a view with exactly what you posted.

It's working.

Does it matter what values are in the custom field?

Thanks.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 06:26:48 pm »

I created those two fields and added an expression column to a view with exactly what you posted.

It's working.

Does it matter what values are in the custom field?

Thanks.

matt, i was a litte surprised first (tested on 3 machines  ;)) same results...so i tested again and it works for audio and images..but i use documents and there it was again..

so if you can check with "minus" and a document  :)

thanks
MT5FR

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2009, 09:29:25 am »

Here's how:

1. Put in Party Mode.

2. Close MC.

I can't reproduce this.  Read-only and party mode work basically the same way -- they just copy the library to a sandbox and open it there.

You can clear party mode using regedit:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 14\Properties\Party Mode

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
Plugin Funkiness
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2009, 12:37:11 pm »

Hi,

Two bugs observed:

1 - A pro VST plugin I use, the IK Mltimedia ARC System, works perfectly in other hosts (i.e. Cubase) but does not always load correctly in MC14. Specifically: intermittently its effect in the chain is not audible unless I open the DSP studio and actually display the plugin's interface - then I hear the effect kick in. Although it remains checked "on" and active, sometimes it does not affect the sound as it should unless I "look at it". Once displayed, the effect remains actuive throughout the MC14 session until application restart. Not sure how far back this began.

2 - As of .106 the same plugin does not display at all in the DSP studio! This is a very new and drastic bug that appeared with .106 forcing me back to .101 for now.

Thanks.
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2009, 06:48:56 pm »

I'm finding that when waking from suspend, the USBUIRT isn't activated in MC.

I have to go to Tools>Options>Remote control>Devices

where it says to choose device, but there are no options to activate.

I click OK and then repeat and the USBUIRT is active...
Pages: [1]   Go Up