INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Plea To Improve the "Generic" Handheld Support Slightly  (Read 1107 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Another Plea To Improve the "Generic" Handheld Support Slightly
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:20:24 am »

I spent some time reworking my MC > iTunes > iPhone configuration this weekend, and again became frustrated with MC's lack of a few simple features that would make this process so much easier all around.  Yes, yes... I know.  Apple sucks.  Locks iPhone/iPod Touch down.  Bad Apple.  When my contract is up in June, I might get myself an Android phone if HTC or someone can make one that doesn't stink in some terrible way.  All that is granted, but this request actually has very little to do with Apple.  This is stuff that would just make MC much more useful, even if you AREN'T using a stupid locked-down Apple device.

So, without further ado...  Regarding MC's ability to choose a folder on your hard drive and use it as a handheld, please please please can we have:

1. The ability to set an arbitrary size limit (other than the available disk space).  That way, I can set a size limit for my hard drive sync location, and use it like a real handheld!

2. Access to the iPod-specific Video Conversion presets even for a generic handheld.  If I plug in my Nano, MC does a fantastic job converting and syncing video over to it.  I have a number of different iPod-format-friendly options to choose from for video conversion.  However, when I sync to my hard drive to use with my iPhone, I am limited to three useless "generic" conversion profiles, and it "hides" these iPod ones for some reason.  Please stop blocking me from using what you obviously already built into MC?

That's it.  Those two simple things would make me SO much happier and would save me tons of time.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Quixote

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Another Plea To Improve the "Generic" Handheld Support Slightly
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 01:29:33 pm »

2. Access to the iPod-specific Video Conversion presets even for a generic handheld.  If I plug in my Nano, MC does a fantastic job converting and syncing video over to it.  I have a number of different iPod-format-friendly options to choose from for video conversion.  However, when I sync to my hard drive to use with my iPhone, I am limited to three useless "generic" conversion profiles, and it "hides" these iPod ones for some reason.  Please stop blocking me from using what you obviously already built into MC?

I was lamenting the lack of this feature over the weekend, too.  I have some videos to transfer to 3+ different ipods and I would like to do the conversion part only once and offline.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 12:23:47 am »

Could I also add that it would be wonderful if the generic sync would go both ways.  In other words, can you allow my generic (SD Card) to sync it's use information back to MC when I re-sync?  Play stats, rating changes, tag changes etc?

Again, it's available for an iPod, but not for my card.  that (and glynor's suggestion #1) would make me a very happy camper also.

thanks for all that you do :)
pretend this is something funny

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 10:35:42 pm »

Can I also add that it would be great if there were a way for MC to copy files to folders named after playlists when syncing to a generic handheld. Currently you can only tell MC to copy the files to folders based on categories, such as Genre etc.

sunfire7

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 11:36:07 pm »

podcast specific destination would be so much useful as requested in the other thread!
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish
Pages: [1]   Go Up