INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theaterview Settings Ive yet To figure Out. Help Please.  (Read 3113 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Theaterview Settings Ive yet To figure Out. Help Please.
« on: December 15, 2009, 11:17:20 pm »

1. is it possible in theater view to make the folders show up as icons instead of folders? can we customize what the folders will look like? if not.. maybe in a updated version?

2. In the slideshows.. some of my pictures are stretched beyond the screen, is there a setting to make the pictures we chose for audio, images, video weather etc... to auto fit, stretch, etc??

3. while playing movies, videos, - some of the videos allow you to strecth the video - change sort aspect ratio.. i bet over 1\2 of my videos it wont show that option? how come? how can i make it so all my video files whether avi, mpg, whatever codec have the option to right click and chose change source aspect ratio?

4. most importantly...  all theaterview menus, and the drop down toolbar.  is there a setting to make all right menus and toolbar text menus HUGE?  im on a older hdtv, and i can't read any of the menu's nor the toolbar.. is there a setting to make these larger? like there is for text for everything else? i use right clicks and look at toolbar on a daily basis and i have to get off couch everytime to read them!?

TY. for any tips.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
Re: Theaterview Settings Ive yet To figure Out. Help Please.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 05:06:32 am »

For number 1, try the following. I haven't tried it so back everything up before doing it just in case...

x:\Progam Files\J River\Media Center 14\Skins\Theater View\*SKIN*\List

Overwrite the FolderThumb.png file with a new png picture file.

For Number 4, you've probably already tried this but here goes...

Tools>Options>Theater View there is a size option. Increasing it beyond 100% makes everything bigger. Reduces number of CDs etc displayed on one screen but increases text in menu's as well I think (could have been a placebo affect :-))

HTPC4ME

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 04:18:50 pm »

thanks for the reply Imugli... got the folder to change..TY TY TY ;)

but i cannot get the text to increase or boxes to increase on menus or the toolbar? the regular text of files and audio, images videos, etc increases, but not the drop down toolbar or any right click menus, in fact they all look the same as my default standard view which is the blue and black, but yet i'm using the galazy and or osidian theater view skin and when i right click it always shows my standard view menues and at there standard view size?! anyone else have any ideas? or replies to my other questions?
much appreciated. ty

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 06:32:56 pm »

in fact they all look the same as my default standard view which is the blue and black, but yet i'm using the galazy and or osidian theater view skin and when i right click it always shows my standard view menues and at there standard view size?

Can you post a screenshot of this? Seems strange to me. Are you right-clicking over the icon (not in between them)?

HTPC4ME

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 06:36:07 pm »

and love to send screen shots on many items here in theaterview. but no one has ever answered my question if its possible to make theaterview into window mode which is scalable.. so i cant use my snipping software to take a pic. cause it automatically goes full screen :(

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 06:58:10 pm »

Use Print Screen (capture full screen) and Alt Print Screen (capture front window).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 07:20:06 pm »

thank you mrC!!!!!!!!!!!

ok there's the screenshot. on the computer monitor, 22inch its fine but the second i choose hdtv which is connected by component.. as you can tell from the pic, the ONLY way to read the top bar, and the menu is literally to get off the couch and walk up to tv and have your head about 6 inches away from the screen.

and if you look at this screen shot the text IS GREAT LARGE VIBRANT AND EASY TO READ.... which i did with theaterview options and brought it up to 150%

Daydream

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 10:02:12 pm »

Display view was meant to be used on a PC and Theater View on a bigger screen. Nothing is preventing alternate use so to speak, but you can't have it all.

I'm assuming you want something like this...? (it's a crop to scale from the original screenshot; click for bigger size)

You can do it -> Tools, Options, Tree And View, Select Font, choose something big, 28. MC will warn you that things will go crazy and they will, the main interface won't be readable anymore, really. But you get the options overlay like in my screenshot. You won't like the general effect after 5 seconds. The top bar cannot be changed - at least not easy (redesign an entire standard skin?) so I didn't bother to dig any deeper.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 11:09:42 pm »

exactly. i shoulda mentioned that. i of course didnt want my main interface any larger.  just toolbar and the right clicks.. i guess i figured that would be an option for all of us with BIG TV's. i do have a large tv.  (only thing i can think of is my desktop resolution is 1920 by 1200) and being im sharing my pc with big screen, its pushing that res to the big screen which is making the right clicks smaller? but i don't know??)

and the interface text is perfect. its just my menus and toolbar are unreadable cause they are so small. Maybe if jriver is reading this thread they can fix this for us?  so we can see the right click menus and toolbar? i'm hoping!!!

For my other question, Question 3.. being you included a screenshot! TY...
Display view was meant to be used on a PC and Theater View on a bigger screen. Nothing is preventing alternate use so to speak, but you can't have it all.

I'm assuming you want something like this...? (it's a crop to scale from the original screenshot; click for bigger size)

yours says aspect ratio which allows you to change the size of video.. i have prolly 3-4000 videos.. and some of them allow me to see the aspect ratio in the right click and some don't, and what confuse's me is the same file types will show it or won't (Example, some avi's show the aspect ratio some don't, some video_ts files show the aspect ratio some don't)..... howcome? How do i make it so all my videos show the aspect ratio option in the right click?

TY all For Your Posts Again. Much Appreciated.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 05:20:30 am »

Sorry Mate, thought you were talking about in TheaterView itself. Unfortunately I'm not able to help any further. Good luck with it though.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 08:54:40 am »

i am talking within theaterview. when in theaterview and your watching something sometimes when you right click it will give aspect ratio options sometimes it won't howcome?  how do we make it so it always shows the aspect ratio options?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 09:10:15 am »

The aspect ratio options depend on the capabilities of the decoding filter used for playback.  Anything not played via DirectShow will not have the AR adjustment functions available (Quicktime playback, for example).  If you can figure out what file types are missing the controls, you can adjust the settings in the Options > File Types dialog.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 06:14:04 pm »

i am talking within theaterview. when in theaterview and your watching something sometimes when you right click it will give aspect ratio options sometimes it won't howcome?  how do we make it so it always shows the aspect ratio options?

Getting a bit technical here, but you're actually talking about Display View. Theater View is where you see all the CD / DVD covers, the TV Guide etc. MC doesn't PLAY things in TheaterView, it automatically switches to Display View.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 06:52:32 pm »

so big screen is actually display view?  if so can i make the display view toolbar and menus larger?

Daydream

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 08:02:19 pm »

so big screen is actually display view?  if so can i make the display view toolbar and menus larger?

Technically yes. But there's some confusion here. You talk about Big screen, which for the record so we know what are we talking about, is a Playing Now option that you can access from Theater View, and it can display Cover Art, 3D visualization, Track info or Visualization. All of these 4 are associated with Display View, or at least when you look at any of them the screen setting in MC is Display View. Regardless of the fact that you triggered them from Theater view. Once you kill them the interface will return to Theater View.

Now. All your references above (or at least the ones I paid attention to ;) ) were about video. I don't see for the life of me how you can watch video and chose "Big screen". Big screen is for music, you listen to the sound and watch the 3D or metadata or whatever. You can't watch the movie and at the same time... actually at the same time there won't be anything just a note that the screen is detached.

(note to self: this exercise was interesting I got the playing video on one screen and the Theater view on another screen. It doesn't really work but it was interesting).

To answer your question, no you can't change the top bar and its text. That is a part of Display View that depends directly to the skin settings of Standard View - Display View, Standard View they don't differ in that regard, they are meant to be used with a mouse, on a computer screen. Not from 10ft away but still with a mouse, trying to kill your eyes. You can't have it both ways. Either design a standard skin with fonts big as bricks or not at all, and switch to Theater View :).

For whatever you want to do, grab a remote and see what is available to control with a it, including those aspect ratio things, etc. After we figure out why they are missing. Some specs of those files (via MediaInfo) and your settings for them in MC would help.

Now, you might still have a point although I'm starting to argue from my POV, not yours. If I watch a film, I know what film it is because I'm slick like that, I know everything :) Granted, my aunt Petunia might not know but she doesn't visit that often. But if I watch a clip (have thousands), say Kylie Minogue - Can't get you out of my head, which had like what, 2 million performances circa 2001-02, how would I know which one is, without stopping playing? Or an episode of a series? Do I have a video overlay with basic info (and controls)? If I press I on the remote, or any info button, or I smash the remote against the display (I'm still having that reflex, you know...) would anything like that come up?

rick.ca

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 08:27:50 pm »

No. These are intended for desktop use, using a mouse and/or keyboard. They're not intended for viewing/use at 10'. The most appropriate input device for Theatre View is a remote. The most appropriate and universally accepted form of feedback for Display View is the OSD—the text that appears at the bottom of the screen when you press an arrow key. Like the Theatre View interface, it works with just the four arrow enter keys. The feedback is provided a large readable text that doesn't unnecessarily interfere with whatever is being viewed. As has already been explained, if the OSD does not provide the commands you're interested in, it may be because of the type of file and the filters used to view it. If not, then there might be something new to request. I sometimes wonder, for example, if the available commands could be nested—so it wouldn't be so tedious finding one command in a long list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up