INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I select the audio language track in a movie that has more than one?  (Read 1169 times)

Iridescence

• Recent member

I'm trying to watch a movie file that has an English and Chinese audio track and they are both playing at once. How do I tell Media Center to only play the English audio track? It is an mkv file.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Options are available in the On Screen Display (OSD) menu.  Use the up and down arrow keys to get there.

The DirectShow filter may also be doing it.

Iridescence

• Recent member

Thanks but I looked through  that menu and I couldn't find any option to select the audio track. Where is the option to do that located in the menu?

It could be the ffdshow filter I guess. I wasn't getting any sound at all  from this file before so installed the ffdshow alpha filter and now both tracks are playing at once. VLC did not have a problem playing the correct sound I want to watch it in media center because it can display the correct anamorphic ratio and I don't know how to get that in VLC.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

While the video is playing, hit the up or down arrow keys on your keyboard.  That is the OSD.  There's a lot of stuff in there.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up