INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 14.0.111 -- Available Here  (Read 4806 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 14.0.111 -- Available Here
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:14:12 am »

This is a stable version of MC 14.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter140111.exe

14.0.111 (12/10/2009)

1. Changed: After navigating back in a library view, Album Artist (auto) categories could change their display name from 'Artist' to 'Album Artist (auto)'.
2. Changed: Saved television time-shifting files are now imported.
3. Changed: When copying HTML between notes, context like what field, formatting, etc. is better preserved.
4. Fixed: After playback, WMV files could remain locked.
5. Changed: Added workaround for blue-screen bugs in ATI 46xx driver under Windows 7 during concurrent DirectShow video graph building.
6. Changed: When deleting text in a note, empty fields are removed.

14.0.110 (12/9/2009)

1. Fixed: Video renderer selection and configuration controls on File Types option window could be cropped when user selected higher text font.
2. NEW: Skins can optionally support resizing the main playerbar for large fonts. (see property AllowEnlargeForFont in main.xml of Noire for an example)
3. Changed: The art for the display area of the playerbar can specify it should surround only the text by setting Style="1". (see Noire for an example)
4. Changed: The Action Window titlebar better supports large fonts.
5. Changed: Action Window skin art can specify that the template image is 'HeaderOnly'. (see Noire for an example)
6. Changed: Statusbar caps font size to avoid overflowing text when using very large fonts.

14.0.109 (12/8/2009)

1. Fixed: Clearing remote control learning could fail to work in some cases.
2. Changed: Revamped DVD settings dialog window.  It now includes a "Connection Type" selection for audio renderers, for users to indicate whether the audio output is connected to a digital amplifier capable of decoding AC3 audio.
3. Fixed: Some text was cut off in DVD error dialog window.
4. Fixed: Asking the math evaluator to evaluate the expression "-" could crash the program.
5. Changed: Empty notes are deleted on save.
6. Fixed: HTML clipboard format from edit controls could have incorrect value offsets.
7. Changed: Notes view better preserves scroll and pane selection when making edits.
8. Fixed: When tagging selected text in a note, not all field properties would be preserved (i.e. 'Phone\Work' could become just 'Phone').
9. Changed: A warning/info popup when DVD playback encounters Microsoft audio decoder and non-passthrough audio output.
10. Fixed: When installing some components during install, the display text could show the word components twice in a row.
11. Fixed: UPnP PS3 video conversion streaming.
12. Fixed: UPnP image support on some DLNA devices wasn't working properly (i.e. Streamium 300i).

14.0.108 (12/4/2009)

1. Changed: Removed dvd cover art lookup which was returning too many incorrect results.
2. Fixed: 303 redirects in Podcasts were not working.
3. Changed: Dutch language translation updated. (thanks bennyd!)
4. Internal: Revised search box mechanism used when in 'Wizard' mode to build on HTML system from notes. (please report any issues)
5. Changed: More complete mapping of Google phone types for Notes.
6. Changed: Note field labels show the type (i.e. work) instead of field (i.e. phone) when available.
7. Changed: Translation is applied to display of library category names and search lists so stock English views are better translated. (has the side-effect of making it impossible to intentionally use English if an English to [Current Language] translation exists)
8. Changed: Notes with fields marked as a website allow opening the website with a control+click anywhere on the link (like Word, Frontpage, etc.).
9. Changed: When editing a note, the list of notes updates and sorts right away after clicking away from a change.
10. Changed: Notes don't show field labels by default. (right-click allows toggling)
11. Changed: Notes CSV import better formats incoming data.
12. Changed: UPnP transcode to wmv when windows media compat (xbox) is set and mpeg2 dvd profile when PS3 compat is set. Only the quickest of computers will keep up with the mpeg2 transcode currently. Needs updated plugins/ffmpeg.xml. Delete the current plugins/ffmpeg.exe and when the conversion happens it'll download a new version. You can play with the profile in the xml file if you want to mess with the transcoding.
13. Fixed: UPnP update playstats. A bit tricky because some devices do multiple GET's when reading a video stream (like the PS3).
14. Added: UPnP container artwork. When past the first level, if the device requests artwork, we return the first artwork file from the database for that view if it exists.
15. Added: UPnP support mimetypes for artwork that isn't .jpg.
16. Fixed: UPnP send connection type KEEPALIVE instead of CLOSED when streaming a transcoded file. Hopefully this will prevent some devices from timing out (and not cause other trouble). Need Feedback.
17. Fixed: UPnP, PS3 requires a -1 size in the content directory for transcoded video files.
18. Fixed: YouTube downloads were not always working.

14.0.107 (12/2/2009)

1. Fixed: iPod parsing could crash (only applies to last few builds).
2. Changed: Updated all translation files to include latest language from the source code.
3. Changed: Import through the Action Window does not start when loading the program with an empty library if the option 'Run auto-import in background' is disabled.
4. Changed: Google login is preserved for the run of the program (up to 4 hours).
5. Fixed: Backspace / delete in HTML editing control could corrupt the HTML.
6. Changed: Unified Google import / export in Notes to a single "Sync With Google" command (also available as 'G' button).
7. Fixed: Dates with a decimal in the seconds could parse incorrectly.
8. Changed: Program is marked as large address aware so that it can address ~3GB memory on a 32-bit OS and ~4GB memory on a 64-bit OS. (useful when dealing with huge images, etc.)

14.0.106 (11/30/2009)

1. Fixed: Store navigation could crash in some cases.
2. Changed: Minor application manifest change that should disable any UAC redirection (and the problems associated with redirection).
3. Fixed: Several edit control fixes and improvements.
4. Changed: Notes hide internal Google data.
5. Fixed: UPnP audio transcoding broken in build 14.0.104
6. Added: UPnP, more mimetype support for mp4/m4v files for DLNA devices like the PS3. This will enable mp4/m4v files supported by the device to be played without transcoding.

14.0.105 (11/25/2009)

1. NEW: Edit control for notes supports formatting (font size, color, bolding, etc.).
2. Changed: Notes stored as HTML instead of XML.

vagskal

Re: Media Center 14.0.111 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 01:08:57 am »

In this version, if I search for music (using the search function) and then clear the search box all files are not shown.
EDIT: This seems only to be true when I have used the search wizard.

The issue reported here still persists: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=54915.msg373639#msg373639

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 02:44:51 am »

Small thing that need attention: when selecting "locate (on disc internal)" on right click on a thumb it adds only "On disc (external)" at the top of the right-click list", where it should say: "Locate ..." 

kurushi

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 04:36:00 am »

2. NEW: Skins can optionally support resizing the main playerbar for large fonts. (see property AllowEnlargeForFont in main.xml of Noire for an example)

In my diabolik skins since the v14.0.111 ,the toolbar info at the bottom (totalsize etc..) has big font how matter i set different sizes in font options strange bug.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 06:05:09 am »

In my diabolik skins since the v14.0.111 ,the toolbar info at the bottom (totalsize etc..) has big font how matter i set different sizes in font options strange bug.

Confirmed. I don't like it this big too, so please option for smaller sizes.

221bBS

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 04:03:34 am »

last.fm plug-in is cutting off the dash (-) at the end of song names.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 07:23:17 am »

Analyze audio has problems on my PC

1. Crashes - using 2 or 4 core.

I understand that corrupt files may cause this, but MC needs better error handling in this dept.

Why not let all files be scanned, like .APE VERIFY can continue when errors are encountered; then push an error report to .txt ?

I have been trying for two weeks to get 25K of my files analyzed, and I'm guessing some FLACs are corrupt, this is taking forever because I get home and MC has a white screen or reports the last few files have caused errors.

2. SOLVED - Files listed as Done are shown in the list. I went to my Audio Diagnostics view scheme and added only unassigned ReplayGain files.

3. SOLVED - Files not on local drives could not be added - about 1500 files. Are these files that might be m4a? I have no network drives. Seems like this must have been about 1500 m4A files (I don't have DC_Bass installed yet).

HiFiTubes

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 07:57:39 am »

Broken MC install (can't share library and use Party Mode):

If you use Party Mode, do not allow another PC to use the master library as the master.

I had to re-install MC14 on the master PC as it became locked out from using the library, even though the library was okay on another Pc.

I could never get the master to open MC to disable Party Mode. Had to do a complete uninstall.

Would really appreciate a fix to this too, as I want to have one PC in Party Mode and another access the same library as master.

globetrotters1

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 09:26:25 am »

1. Importing albums into MC ends up in the 'Recently Imported' list normally second track first, then first track, then correct

2. The 'Recently Imported' view definition gets lost overnight or at shutdown/restart. Have to reload it from a saved copy every time the recently imported list is empty and disappears from the Playlists

3. Although all import settings of picture files are switched off, pictures get imported nonetheless - why not adding a function that importing picture files from any subfolder can be switched off?

thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 11:24:48 am »

2. The 'Recently Imported' view definition gets lost overnight or at shutdown/restart. Have to reload it from a saved copy every time the recently imported list is empty and disappears from the Playlists
Search for "Recently" in options (at the top).

Double check auto import settings.

globetrotters1

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 11:45:02 am »

JimH,

you didn't understand what I was talking about...

2. The 'Recently Imported' VIEW DEFINITION gets deleted, that has nothing to do with tracks... the view definition has to stay indefinitely (until changed again manually)... and why doesn't it store my wish to "Auto-Size all columns", I have to do that always again and again if I have new imports??

and

3. I triple-checked and everything related to pictures is switched off - but it does the import nonetheless! I even switched off "Image Support" in General-Advanced-Features...

thanks

gappie

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 03:40:47 pm »

2. The 'Recently Imported' VIEW DEFINITION gets deleted, that has nothing to do with tracks... the view definition has to stay indefinitely (until changed again manually)... and why doesn't it store my wish to "Auto-Size all columns", I have to do that always again and again if I have new imports??

it has been a request by a lot of people in the past (not me but that is besides the point). the easiest thing to do, i guess, is to save the layout, rightclick on the collumn headers and save the layout as a preset. it messes a bit with the collumns but it might be less work. i just made my own smartlist for it, which i find more convenient.

:)
gab

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 05:28:35 am »

importing html pages with swedish characters or download a youtube video from within MC gives me the name/title like Störst or bäst or P㥠instead of Ö, Ä and Å

is this possible to change in Media Center so i get the real names ? this is an old one but it has troubled me for a long time  :)

edit: maybe the characters are not viewable so i insert a little snapshot as well

MT5FR

maid

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 02:00:15 am »

Anybody having a problem with hanging when stopping a movie?

it seems that when we have finished watching a movie and we stop it sits there black screen for a minute or so.

Watching in theater view.

Cheers
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV
Pages: [1]   Go Up