INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remember Playback Position  (Read 1900 times)

schrodinger56

• Recent member
Remember Playback Position
« on: December 26, 2009, 09:09:06 am »

On iTunes there's a 'Remember Playback Position' function which allows you to return to the position in the track where you stopped listening to it which is great for audiobooks.  Does Media Jukebox also have such a function?

Thanks

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Remember Playback Position
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 09:19:32 am »

im not 100% sure that this function was already in 12, but in the tags look for the tag called 'use bookmarking' and set that to yes. it is something you set on a file basis. but ofcource you can set it for all the audiobooks you have at once.

:)
gab

schrodinger56

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 03:02:57 pm »

Sorry to apper thick but I'm new to Media Jukebox but could you explain how to do that as I'm not too sure of the terminology that is being used. 

Thanks

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 04:28:23 am »

:) no need to appologise. this is the place for all questions.
when you click on an audiobook, go to the left, the action window, and click 'tag' there. on the screen that opens, click on the little icon on the left of the hedar (also called tag) and make sure the it 'shows all tags''.
when that is the case, look for an item called 'use bookmarking', it is set to 'default'. you can set this to 'yes'.

i hope this is a bit clearer.  8) when not i post some screenshots...
but as i said before, i cant remember when that item was introduced. i think it was there in 12, just not sure.

:)
gab

schrodinger56

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 08:30:27 am »

Many thanks.  Sadly I've discovered that my MP3player (Sony) doesn't support Bookmarking or 'Remember Playback Position' which I suppose makes it not very useful for audiobooks just short songs.  However I do have an iPod Nano (which does 'Remember Playback Position') however I cannot get Media Jukebox to recognise i.t     Oh dear :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up