INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import/Encoding/etc. settings by library  (Read 1727 times)

Mithrandir

• Recent member
Import/Encoding/etc. settings by library
« on: December 28, 2009, 02:13:31 pm »

Hi,

We maintain two libraries in MC.  One with FLAC files for playback in various zones around the house and one with MP3 files for playback on portable devices.

Is it possible to make import, encoding, etc. settings stick by library?  For instance, if I switch from one library to another I have to change the encoding file format settings, the target folder for ripping setting, the auto import folder settings etc.  It would be nice to switch libraries and have the settings change as appropriate.

TIA

M.

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Import/Encoding/etc. settings by library
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 07:08:09 pm »

Have you thought of just keeping 1 library with the mp3 files stacked with the flac files. Take a look at  Options > Handheld > Conversion Cache

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 07:35:24 pm »

Hi,

We maintain two libraries in MC.  One with FLAC files for playback in various zones around the house and one with MP3 files for playback on portable devices.

Is it possible to make import, encoding, etc. settings stick by library?  For instance, if I switch from one library to another I have to change the encoding file format settings, the target folder for ripping setting, the auto import folder settings etc.  It would be nice to switch libraries and have the settings change as appropriate.

TIA

M.

Bump. I would love this as I run two libraries simultaneously on the same computer that need different auto-import settings. One library is located on my external drive, where my perfectly tagged files are placed and the other is a temporary folder on my internal drive that I put new music on from ripped CD's and then add artwork/lyrics/proper tagging/keywords/etc. I then use the Copy function to move them to my external drive when I am done. It would be great to be able to monitor the internal drive with the one library (my working library) and the external with the other (my permanent library).

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 08:02:27 pm »

Since settings are stored "per user" in the registry, you could create a second user account on the computer, open MC in it and point that to "library 2". In order to get around switching users all the time, you can use "run as" to run it as the second user. You could even create a very simple batch file to load it up by double clicking on an icon. You wouldn't even need to switch libraries in MC then.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 05:37:56 am »

What a terrible remedy.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 07:41:43 pm »

Gee, thanks. I'll keep your response in mind the next time I try to offer you a work around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up