INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 14 not seeing iPod Touch  (Read 2845 times)

MrU

• Junior Woodchuck
MC 14 not seeing iPod Touch
« on: December 29, 2009, 03:24:54 pm »

Have downloaded/installed the iPod Touch software on both the server & client version of MC 14. Server = XP Pro   Client = Windows 7.

Have followed MC instructions in removing iTunes as default utility, iTunes is still on the pc's .

Neither pc's/MC14's  are seeing any Handheld device (i.e. the iPodTouch).

Any detailed advice would be greatly appreciated as my MC is the central library for the household and all my music, and is all in "FLAC". FLAC medium cannot be seen with iTunes and therefore MC becomes an essential piece of software to use.

Thanking you in advance.

MrU

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 14 not seeing iPod Touch
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 03:26:49 pm »

MC doesn't support the current Touch or iPhone.  Apple is trying to make it impossible, so we're not spending any time on it.

snoots

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 12:29:20 pm »

This is really bad news. I wanted to grab a new 64gig touch and i currently don't use Itunes at all with my 160 gig IPOD classic. I don't want to have to use itunes at all if possible. Will you re-evaluate this in the future or are you going to just drop ipod support forever?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 09:27:34 am »

They'll revisit it when apple stops playing games, I'm sure.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 10:41:38 am »

Have downloaded/installed the iPod Touch software on both the server & client version of MC 14. Server = XP Pro   Client = Windows 7.

Have followed MC instructions in removing iTunes as default utility, iTunes is still on the pc's .

Neither pc's/MC14's  are seeing any Handheld device (i.e. the iPodTouch).

Any detailed advice would be greatly appreciated as my MC is the central library for the household and all my music, and is all in "FLAC". FLAC medium cannot be seen with iTunes and therefore MC becomes an essential piece of software to use.

Thanking you in advance.

MrU

Take a look at MCiS - it is an MC add-on developed by prod.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51734.0

It may help you. It's purpose is to sync iPhones/iTouch when using MC. It uses iTunes as the engine to do the sync to the device.

You are already aware of the fact that iTunes does not support FLAC, but there are users of MCiS that use Lossless Audio Files. There is documentation (Zxsix's Guide To Syncing Lossless) from one of the Lossless Audio Files users that explains how he set it up, but there are probably other Lossless users of MCiS as well.

snoots

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 12:31:59 pm »

Well all I can say is I HATE ITUNES.

I had to install it to even use the Itouch 64g. After importing my music ( network share used by MC14 ) itunes had tons of duplicates. In trying to deal with the duplicates I had to buy a 3rd party app and after running it my shared drive is missing a bunch of music !!!!! Good think I backed up the NAS music share after my last CD purchases. ARRRRGGGG I HATE ITUNES.
Pages: [1]   Go Up