INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UPNP, DLNA - how do I get my MP3/videos on TV & Hi Fi-System?  (Read 1773 times)

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
UPNP, DLNA - how do I get my MP3/videos on TV & Hi Fi-System?
« on: December 31, 2009, 10:59:39 am »

Hi, I like the MC 14 very much, its my number one media player. I connected my Hi Fi system with my Laptop to listen MP3 by cable. Same cable is connected with my TV via SCART in order to watch DVDs.

I would like to get rid of the cable, as I want to move around my Laptop in the living room.

Furthermore, I would like to be able to use other Laptops, which have music/movies stored on their discs within my wireless network and watch/listen on my TV/Hi Fi.

I learnt now about UPNP and DLNA and found out that maybe the best solution would be to buy a WiFi-streaming client, which I cable at my TV & Hi FI.

The point is: it must be possible to use MC 14 as my media software. I dont want to use any other software, as MC is just the best!!

My question:
Can anyone recommend me a good WiFi streaming client, which I can connect to my TV with SCART and connect to my HiFi on analog basis? The list I found on http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Supported_UPnP_Devices doesnt look very up to date. I also didnt find anything about DLNA-devices.

Can someone explain me, how the music/video control with MC14 & UPNP works? I havenīt understood it quite well yet. Do I see an image of MC 14 on my TV, can I still make playlists etc. on my TV or on my Laptop, etc.?

Why should I use a WiFi streaming client at all? Maybe a WiFi-repeater would be enough to substitute the silly cable?

Thx a lot & happy new year! :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: UPNP, DLNA - how do I get my MP3/videos on TV & Hi Fi-System?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 11:03:58 am »

Happy New Year and thank you.

There are a couple of DLNA threads here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=10.0

If you want an MC interface though, you would need to connect a PC to your TV.  It can connect as a client to a different PC running Library Server.  Take a look at the wiki entry on "Servers" for more information.
Pages: [1]   Go Up