INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sort my artist view with remastered duplicate titles  (Read 976 times)

Lobotom1

• Recent member
Sort my artist view with remastered duplicate titles
« on: January 03, 2010, 05:52:46 am »

Hi,

I have lots of audio files in FLAC and also different versions of the same CD. E.G. "Yes" "Close to the edge" album appears 3 times with the original version and two remastered versions.

I plan to always keep the original version in my DB and the best remastered version too showing it in the artist view as follows :

1) The Remastered version should appear as the normal album in the "YES" artist and as album "close to the edge"
2) The original version should be seen as "original versions" then "YES" as artist" and "close to the edge" as album.

How can I add a tag field (or which one to use ?) in the "artist" view to add the possibility to sort albums this way without affecing the artist name of a band.  Would this sort behaviour also work in theatre view ?

Sincerely Yours,
Laurent.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sort my artist view with remastered duplicate titles
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 07:16:51 am »

If I understand your question, you need to make the album names different.

Lobotom1

• Recent member
Re: Sort my artist view with remastered duplicate titles
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 07:42:13 am »

Hi Jim,

You are always the fastest answering you're astonishing! In fact just by changing album name, I have to much time the same album dispayed (not always easy to find the correct one to play in a specific room if name is too long)

So my point would be to play with "album artist" or something the same to keep those originals albums completely separated from the new ones I want to listen in my main room (some of the old original albums sound better in another room)

Shown on screen in artist view as:

* Originals albums
       -  Yes Close to the edge
       -  Deep purple made in japan

* Deep Purple
         - Made in japan (remastered)

* Yes
         - Close to the edge (remastered)

What I tried so far is to keep the artist as "YES" and change the artist album as "Originals albums" for my oldies. This seems to work but sometimes the artist name is not kept perhaps you could redirect me with the help section explaining how album artist and album artist (auto) tags works ? this could perhaps do the trick

Hope my english is clear ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up