INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pausing movie puts computer to sleep  (Read 732 times)

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Pausing movie puts computer to sleep
« on: January 01, 2010, 11:35:05 pm »

I'm finding that pausing a movie often results in the computer going into sleep mode a short time later (I'm not sure how long—before I get back with my popcorn). Unfortunately, my Firefly remote does not seem to be one that can be allowed to wake the computer from sleep (powercfg tells me "You do not have permission to enable or disable device wake."). My theory as to what is happening is this: My computer is set to go to sleep after one hour of inactivity. A video playing does not count as inactivity, but MC keeps the computer awake while anything is playing. The power saver clock, however, continues to run. So, when I pause a movie that's been playing for more than an hour, the computer is ready to sleep and MC will no longer keep it awake.

I haven't tried it yet, but I suppose I could stop the movie instead. This would change the view (e.g., back to Theatre view) which (I'm guessing) would count as activity and restart the clock. When restarted, the movie would resume where it left off. Nevertheless, it would be nice if pause worked as expected. Am I missing something?
Pages: [1]   Go Up