INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "mkv" files only show up under Audio  (Read 1889 times)

Scar3crow

• Recent member
"mkv" files only show up under Audio
« on: January 04, 2010, 01:37:35 am »

Hi all,

Got a bit of a problem here, hopefully somebody can help me with it.

I have recently started using Media Center for video files (I used to primarily use it just for music) and I've noticed that although .avi files show up fine in the Video section, mkv files only seem to display under the Audio section. When I try to play them they work fine (video and audio plays), it's just a little annoying to have to browse for certain files through the audio section when I'm watching videos.

Thanks in advance!

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
Re: "mkv" files only show up under Audio
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 06:30:28 am »

Weird, I just organized my entire movie collection with MC14, they are all .mkv files and only show up in the Video section.

Under Audio section make sure your not importing .mkv files, then make a new view under Video and import .mkv only, perhaps that will work.

TC  :)

Scar3crow

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 06:49:13 am »

I have tried setting up my own schemes, and I can sort of get it working, by turning off "use parent scheme rules for file display", or having a custom view scheme that doesn't include the rule "Media Type IS Video".

I just found it strange that mkv files seem to be being handled as audio files - they even have the little blue musical note next to them in the image column (when visible). Also, mkv as a file type is listed under the Video subheading in the File Types section of MC14 options.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 07:39:51 am »

You can list the .mkv files under audio, then open the tag window, right click in the tag window, also show, "Media Type"

Now select your .mkv files and use the tag window to change the "Media Type" to video.
From this point forward, MC will treat them as video files.

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up