INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Numark Librarian, Mac, Media jukebox / media centre  (Read 1526 times)

sian

• Recent member
Numark Librarian, Mac, Media jukebox / media centre
« on: January 04, 2010, 11:42:10 am »

Hi guys,

I'm a beginner dj and I have the Numark Director D2.  Obviously I have to process the music on my external hard drive through Numark Librarian first, but I heard it's better to analyse your music through Media Jukebox/Centre first, is that still the case?? 

I have thousands of songs i want to process and they're all in different formats (mp3, mp4, aac, flac, ogg, apple lossless) and when i tried to put them through Librarian before i told me it was gonna take 3 weeks!!!  so had to abandon that plan for a while. 

I have a macbook with 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, The memory is 4gb 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM and I'm running Mac 0S X version 10.5.8 but intend to upgrade to Snow Leopard soon.

So what I'm asking is:
1) is it worthwhile putting my music thru media jukebox/centre (which?) before Librarian
2) If so, how can I do that on a mac, should I partition my hardrive so it's half windows?  Use bootcamp??  Any advice would be very much appreciated.  Sian
Pages: [1]   Go Up