INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podcast feed edits cause file deletions - please fix this  (Read 1064 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Podcast feed edits cause file deletions - please fix this
« on: January 06, 2010, 07:36:03 pm »

I've reported this in the past but just ran into it again and its very frustrating.

I tend to keep good podcasts forever. Podcasts from time to time change their feed URL. When I edit a feed URL, MC deletes old episodes with no warning. If I then restore the deleted podcasts from a backup, MC promptly deletes them again, with no warning.

Could you please change this? MC should never delete any file in a library without being instructed to do so.

Thanks.

rjm

Re: Podcast feed edits cause file deletions - please fix this
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 07:52:34 pm »

I restored the deleted episodes to a different folder, imported them, and MC promptly delete them again.  And MC did not even use the recycle bin as a courtesy.

What work around can I use to stop MC from deleting my old podcasts?

rjm

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 08:02:18 pm »

Suspect this is related to a different issue I reported a while ago when I wanted to change a podcast to an audiobook. I concluded it was not possible because MC would not let me delete the Episode URL field. And I could not find a third party mp3 tag editor that would see and edit the Episode URL.

Perhaps the quick and dirty solution to both of these problems is to allow edits to the Episode URL?

rjm

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 03:43:38 pm »

After much trial and error I found a work around.

I tried almost every mp3 tag editor on the planet. None see and edit MC's custom tags like Episode URL. Most however have a feature to delete all tags.

The work around is:
1) make a copy of the files using Explorer (do not use MC because it remembers all tags)
2) using your favorite mp3 tag editor, delete all tags from the copy
3) reimport and tag the copied files with MC
4) delete the original files from MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up