INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to keep track of deleted files so I don't re-download them?  (Read 822 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
How to keep track of deleted files so I don't re-download them?
« on: January 09, 2010, 12:30:10 pm »

I will often delete tracks or albums that I got from emusic because I don't like them. The problem, of course, is that I might get them again in the future because I forgot that I already had them. Before I download anything, I always search in MC first to see if I already have it.

Is there a trick I can use in MC to keep the track info in my database without keeping the actual track on my drive that doesn't involve too much jiggery pokery?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

keither

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: How to keep track of deleted files so I don't re-download them?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 12:59:05 pm »

eMusic keeps track of which tracks you've downloaded... wouldn't you see that when you went to the album page on eMusic?

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to keep track of deleted files so I don't re-download them?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 01:57:05 pm »

Keither, this is true, and does address tracks and albums from emusic (as long as I keep my account going and don't start it up again at a later time). I probably shouldn't have been so specific in my original post. I don't want to download anything from particular artists that I already established I didn't like (not just tracks and albums). Nor is emusic my only source for music.

I suppose I could create a 1 second wave file or something, and update the database to point to that file. But I don't think I could make multiple library entries point to the same wave file.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up