INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC doesn't show the duration of any of my video files! [solved]  (Read 1096 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
MC doesn't show the duration of any of my video files! [solved]
« on: January 12, 2010, 12:05:09 pm »

Hi!

I did a thread about this in the MC13 forum, but I didn't get it solved. Now I've migrated to Win7 and installed the latest MC14 and the problem is still there. The duration field is empty for all my video files except .WMV and .MP4. It shows the duration of all my audio files. I can't even enter the duration manually in the tag editor. This is really annoying, as I have to play a video file and look at the progress bar to see how long it is.

Anyone have any idea what's wrong? Most my file types are set to automatic. I have the latest versions of Haali Media Splitter and ffdshow installed.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: MC doesn't show the duration of any of my video files!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 02:03:45 pm »

Does "Update Library (from tags)" fix the problem?

If you set Playback Method to "JRiver video engine (using DirectShow filters)" for a file type, and select a set of filters that you know should work, and then do an "Update Library (from tags)", would duration be obtained?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

audunth

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 02:38:44 pm »

Thanks, update library (from tags) worked, now I can see the duration :)

Obviously it didn't work for my DVDs, Blu-rays or HD DVDs, since the file imported into MC (VIDEO_TS.IFO, INDEX.BDMV, HVA00001.VTI) isn't really the video file, just sort of a startup file. For the .BDMV and .VTI files, there aren't even a duration field, since MC thinks they're data files when I import them and I have to change media type to Video in the tag editor manually. I guess I can enter the duration for such media in the comment field or something, unless there's a way to input the duration manually?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 03:12:56 pm »

Obviously it didn't work for my DVDs, Blu-rays or HD DVDs,

I would suggest you try MyMovies.  You can use it to get metadata for movies and MC will import the data.  Search this forum for "MyMovies" and "sidecar" for more info.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up