INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M2T Coreavc & MC  (Read 2670 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
M2T Coreavc & MC
« on: January 10, 2010, 08:38:06 pm »

I have an acer revo 3610.  In order to play my m2t files i have to use core avc...no other filter will work or else it is choppy.  The issue with coreavc, m2t and MC is that it doesn't understand to stretch the video.  It's actually filmed in 1440x1080 and its showing up in 4:3 format who it's all squished.  If I use cyberlink filter it stretches it properly but chops.  I use coreavc in media player clasicc (yes it is using the core filter) and it's fine.

Any ideas other than everytime I watch a video to go and stretch it.

Something interesting though...when I go to aspect ratio (when playing) it says source aspect ratio, if I click right on the remote it puts me to 1.33:1 (full screen) but then when I click left and go back to source aspect ratio it has resized it to fit the screen and it looks proper.  Same setting different result.

Oh and another glitch is that when I pause it, then play again it goes fullscreen.  I'm thinking now this is a bug.  If you could put it in the list of things to fix that would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and I could use stretch but I also have some video which aren't widescreen.  If I could apply stretch just to m2t that would be ideal.

Thanks.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: M2T Coreavc & MC
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 08:56:13 pm »

Once you have your video imported and playing correctly in MC, you will find that any customised Playback Settings (resolution, Aspect Ratio etc) that you made are stored in the "Playback Info" field and will be used the next time you play that file.  Better still you can then import your other similar files and copy the content of the earlier "Playback Info" into the new files field and then they will also playback correctly.  I do this to change resolutions when playing a NTSC based files (I'm in a PAL country).
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 09:12:31 pm »

Thanks.

So I have all my movies imported and more will come in but I have over 700 clips and I obviously can't watch each one for it to remember.  How do I apply stretch (in aspect ratio) to the other files?  How to I copy the playback info to the other files?

Thanks again Nathan.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 10:18:04 pm »

30sec job (I hope!) - make sure you have 1 that plays as you want.  There is a field called "Playback Info" that will now have values in it for this file.  Make sure you can see this field in your View with the files (eg see the pic below) by Right Clicking on the Column and Ticking "Playback Info".  Select the one that plays well and Press F2 - Tab to "Playback Info" so the string is highlighted and Copy it (Ctrl+C).  Now select all the ones you want to past this to, Press F2, Tab to "Playback Info" and Paste (Ctrl+V), Press Enter and it should copy it into all the ones you had selected.
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 08:06:31 am »

Thanks....works great.  This is the reason why I love this program...it can do just about anything.  Now my issue is that I`m getting stutter when I play them but that`s in another post.

Thanks.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 12:32:56 pm »

FYI: I dont' see this issue with CoreAVC 2.0, MC, and my 720p and 1080p M2T recordings (made using a Hauppauge HD-PVR).  It handles the aspect ratios correctly.  However, 1440x1080 is a non-square Pixel Aspect Ratio format (probably HDV), so that's probably the issue with it.

I haven't actually ever tried any of my DVCProHD videos (1280x1080), but they'd probably suffer the same fate.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Daydream

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 01:38:44 pm »

1) Are you using CUDA? If not then you're really not using the capabilities of the Ion platform in Revo, which is a waste. I don't have the device in question but I'd venture a guess that Ion + dxva acceleration is still less taxing than CoreAVC & CUDA.

2) Can you verify that M2t file (I'm assuming is off some camcorder of yours) has any aspect ratio spec in it? Say, check it with MediaInfo.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 11:15:42 am »

1) Are you using CUDA? If not then you're really not using the capabilities of the Ion platform in Revo, which is a waste. I don't have the device in question but I'd venture a guess that Ion + dxva acceleration is still less taxing than CoreAVC & CUDA.

2) Can you verify that M2t file (I'm assuming is off some camcorder of yours) has any aspect ratio spec in it? Say, check it with MediaInfo.

CoreAVC has arguably the best CUDA acceleration available.  Generally, custom CUDA code tends to perform better than general-purpose DXVA acceleration, if the developer bothers to actually code the CUDA paths well and properly.  CUDA is more powerful and flexible.

The problem with his M2T files is that the HDV compressor uses a special custom PAR (Pixel Aspect Ratio) in order to have 1440x1080 equal a 16x9 display aspect ratio (PAR of 1.333).  The M2T file format doesn't have a lot of metadata capabilities to include a specific PAR as part of the file header, it can only specify widescreen vs. 4x3.  Still, the M2T coming off of the camcorder should be flagged as widescreen, which would make it display correctly.  Unfortunately, lots of camcorder software applications don't do this properly, so my guess is that his M2T files aren't flagged as widescreen.

I'd venture a guess that VLC and MPC-HC have special code to deal with HDV M2T files, and when they see a 1440x1080 M2T file, they enable 1.333 PAR even if the widescreen flag in the file is missing.  This would make "true" 1440x1080 (square pixel) content display incorrectly, but those files are probably quite rare as there is no standard for 4x3 1080p video.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 07:38:07 am »

Thanks guys.  I am using CUDA in fact I think when you install coreavc and you have an nvidia you don't have a choice...I tried to deselect it at one point on the install menu but no-go so yes I'm using it.

The issue with stutter was because in the background (unbenounced to me) jriver was populating the thumbnails, it runs great now no issues.  I can't venture a guess as far as the aspect ratio is concerned and I don't have mediainfo...what I can tell you is that it really looks like a glitch in the software albeit I didn't  have this issue on xp (i'm running 7 64bit).  When I pause the video then press play it will go to widescreen.  It does know what to do with it.  Really....copying the playing info over in the tag is not a big deal because it took less than 30 seconds and any new video I bring it I bring in say once a month with about 30 to 40 clips at a time so it's not like i have to do it every day.

Thanks for all your help its running seamlessly.

If any of you are in the market for an inexpensive HTPC that works flawlessly this is the
Pages: [1]   Go Up