INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gaps between tracks  (Read 1316 times)

stevelyndon

Gaps between tracks
« on: January 15, 2010, 05:10:13 am »

Hi All. I'm new to M.J.12 and have found it the best player to date. I now want to put all my Cd's onto hard drive as Flac files. I want to know if its possible to rip Cd's which play continuously with out gaps like many ambient and mix albums but still have a track listing, i.e avoid the gaps when playback of ripped tracks and the alternative of an global rip where although there are no gaps, you can't access the individual tracks.

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gaps between tracks
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 08:46:02 am »

You don't have to worry about this. MC will split the track listing for a CD into separate files (default) or into one file with a cue sheet.

Couple suggestions before you start ripping your collection. Set Options > CD & DVD > CD Ripping > Drive ?: > Copy mode to Secure. Take a lot longer to rip a CD but ensures an accurate rip. Also I like to  have Options > CD & DVD > File Management > Auto-create log file in secure rip mode checked

dumay

• Recent member
Re: Gaps between tracks
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 07:41:34 am »

what if you already have the file in your hard disk and theres a long gap, how do you get MJ to skip the gap (it's not a silend gap so it wont automatically skip it)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up