INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is there a way to save the list of auto-import folders?  (Read 732 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
is there a way to save the list of auto-import folders?
« on: January 15, 2010, 03:06:54 pm »

For my Document library, my list of auto-import folders is huge (lots of exceptions). I don't have auto-import set to automatic, because it always takes too long to constantly watch all my folders. However, I do it manually once in a while to catch any changes.

What I have instead is a "Docs to Import" folder, and I try to put all new stuff in there. I use the Import a Single Folder set to that folder, and then tag the files and move them within MC.  Works like a charm and it's quick.

However, I am currently doing a lot of work in a particular Sketchup folder with lots of files. I want this folder synced as well as my Docs To Import folder.

So here's the catch: since Import a Single Folder means just that (a SINGLE folder) I would have to modify the auto-import folders. I really don't want to do that, because too much work went into all those exceptions.

My question:  is there a way to save all the entries I have in auto-import folders such that I can create two different lists and just manually switch between them? Or perhaps there is some other trick I am not aware of?

UDPATE:  I just remembered that I could probably create a batch file to do the full import that includes all those exceptions, thereby freeing up MC's auto import folders to just the 2 that I want.  However, is there a way to include exceptions using the batch file?

e.g.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\mc14.exe /silentimport "C:\Users\Lise\Documents\"

How do I say exclude "c:\Users\Lise\Documents\Folder A\Subfolder b\"
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up