INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ion Processor - a guid to theatre view issues  (Read 1160 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Ion Processor - a guid to theatre view issues
« on: January 16, 2010, 06:25:41 am »

I had a post asking who had a revo 3610 which better would have been labelled ion processor because revo is not the only one with this processor and they are identical across platforms.

I recently had major issues with this card and chipset in my revo in theatre view.  MC would constantly hang and crash when coming in and out of movies in 3d.  I was told by admin here that this is either a driver or directx issue because of the usage of 3d in theatre view.  After a day of fooling around I have it narrowed down to a direct x issue.

The computer worked great out of the box but after updates it failed.  So I restored to a point where it was working and in the list of programs affected directx was listed so there was a directx update that I installed that changed things.

My advice is if you have one of these units and it is working out of the box be careful as to what you update.  Restore automatically sets a restore point before each update but in any event if you are like me I should have left well enough alone.

Just an FYI for fellow ion owners to save you a lot of time time and headache.  I spent a lot of time fooling around with this.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up