INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble updating media jukebox  (Read 1950 times)

karatepig

Trouble updating media jukebox
« on: January 16, 2010, 12:34:18 pm »

I just downloaded Media Jukebox, and while I truly like it, I am having a bit of difficulty. An update is listed as available when I check, but when I click the download button, all I get is "Failed to download update".

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Trouble updating medi jukebox
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 12:42:18 pm »

what update does it say. it could be that it is an update to mc 14, you can check that in the update form. in that case it is an update to a paid version, that i can only recommend, but when it is not what you want, just disable the updates in the options.

:)
gab

karatepig

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 01:22:52 pm »

The update name is simply "media jukebox".

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 02:15:47 pm »

What is your version/build? You can see that in Help > About Media Jukebox... (check the Window header)

If you just downloaded Media Jukebox 12 it should be the latest build because the development of MJ12 was finished in October 2008 (at least for now). The last build (12.0.49) is available here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=48612

If you for some reason have an older build of Media Jukebox 12 you can always simply download the last build and install it from your local hard drive. It will update your installed MJ12.

If you have Media Jukebox 8 (which is very old) you may want to create a library backup file first and perhaps take some additional precautionary steps. I once posted some instructions about upgrading from MJ8 to MJ12. A forum search on this board should find them.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

karatepig

Re: Trouble updating media jukebox
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 02:46:01 pm »

It is version 12.0.49.
Pages: [1]   Go Up