Poll

Would you Buy Media Center for MAC

YES - When Available
- 4 (44.4%)
YES - With 50% Down During Development
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center for MAC OS  (Read 1929 times)

Robb

• Recent member
Media Center for MAC OS
« on: January 18, 2010, 02:00:43 am »

Media Center is the only thing keeping me from switching over from a PC to a Mac. I use MC to DJ music for which it is unparalleled, and using iTunes has proven to be completely out of the question.  I'm a lifelong Windows user, however I'm not sure how much longer I'm willing to hold off the conversion to Mac since with Windows 7 I've given Microsoft its last chance. (Also, running MC on a Mac with VMware etc defeats the purpose for me since I am looking to Simplify and Improve robustness, as-well increase interoperability with the iPod and iPhone.)

Like many other PC users I have talked to that have recently started using an iPhone I have been seriously impressed by the OS. So much so that I now find my PC experience intolerable and am poised to switch.  I suspect that Apple's market share of Personal Computers will go up substantially due to the iPhone. Media Center should be there to benefit from this rather than being left behind.

I have read the threads on using MC 12 etc on Mac and I suspect that interest is going to increase. I agree with those that suggest Mac is the right place for MC since Mac is already the preferred system for video editing professionals but there is no equivalent superior Audio software on the Mac. iTunes is heavily geared towards their store and so it seems that this leaves a niche market open for MC that caters to digital audiophiles and DJs, to name a few.

Regarding the 30 Day Challenge post to gage support for MC on Mac I think the plug was pulled on that study to soon. (after just 19 days?!)  I think it would be informative to leave this pole open. What have you got to lose in allowing more time to find out people’s level of support?

May Media Center out live Windows! (for whom Vista and the iPhone are the first nails in the coffin)

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center for MAC OS
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 07:36:50 am »

Though not as optimistic as you, I am still in. 

newflavour

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 08:09:54 pm »

I would love a native MAC version of MC. I've been using MC for a very very very very long time now and switched over to a mac about 1.5yrs ago. Up until now I've used VMware Fusion to run MC in full unity mode while DJing (via XP). This in itself has its own set of issues that are irrelevant, but what are issues there I believe could easily be over come when running a native MAC version of MC.

Count me in.

Merv

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 05:01:13 am »

+1

About the only (useful) media centre available for Mac at the moment is Plex,

so from a practical point of view there is definately a market for a good comprehensive Mac Media Centre ie MC   ;)...or should that be MMC  ;D

Smoothwalker

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 06:21:39 am »

I'd love to see a Mac version as well. I want to change away from Windows. It would be a pity, if using MC would not be possible any more (or only complicatedly with VMWare).
Pages: [1]   Go Up