INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5.1 output not working  (Read 1790 times)

ajua

• Recent member
5.1 output not working
« on: January 19, 2010, 07:52:26 am »

I just finished building my HTPC and I loaded up Media Center 14.0.127 to play MP3 files from my desktop computer but all I get from the output is stereo.

I have set Output to 5.1 in DSP options but it seems that is not working. My HTPC can pass audio through HDMI and also has a digital output via Realtek chip. Neither of these seems to output 5.1 to my A/V receiver. It displays stereo as incoming signal.

In my desktop I have another A/V receiver connected through toslink with another realtek chip and the 5.1 output works great. I don't see what's happening in the living room with the new HTPC.

It occurred to me that setting ffdshow audio decoder as the decoder for mp3 files so I can configure ffdshow to mix the signal to 5.1 and pass it through to my receiver would work but I got stuck too. This time I got just a clicking sound coming from my A/V receiver.

Any ideas? I want to have my HTPC sound like my desktop when playing my audio collection using Media Center and its DSP with 5.1 output? Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

ajua

• Recent member
Re: 5.1 output not working
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 09:22:59 pm »

I've read the Wiki but unfortunately I have checked all of that.
My A/V receiver in the living room works very well with other players and 5.1 output, even using ffdshow for pass-through in MCE for DTS and AC3 sound in movie files.

In the Media Center settings I have selected realtek digital output as the default sound device. In control panel I have set it to predetermined as well. Doing a test in windows control panel outputs 5.1 sound.

I will try more combinations tonight.

Anyone has a suggestion or ideas? thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up