INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUG: 8.0.316  (Read 686 times)

nivw

BUG: 8.0.316
« on: July 02, 2002, 10:47:55 am »

Let me start by thanking you, for fixing pervios release bug, of when I clicked the cd,dvd icon the Jukebox with eat up cpu and freeze.
I confirm it doesn't heppen no more.
I do get fuzzy graphics when Jukebox senses a new cd and heads to cddb registration (and it aint cause of CPU I am running an unloaded P4 2G).
On the other hand, I just pluged in my Rio 500 (still kicking). formated both internal and exteranl. The screen didn't refresh and I saw previos folders, clicking on one of them crashed the Jukebox.

Any questions?
nivw2002 at NOSPAMPLSfastmail.fm

nivw

RE:BUG: 8.0.316
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2002, 11:27:39 am »

Dam it,
I tried sending the files to the rio and uploading it. probably uploaded once but I couldn't see where the files are at. MJ kept crashing. So I started MJ againg and turned off the rio. I got a blue screen.

My you please check the compatibility with the rio500 (no I hadn't installed any software for it but only yours)

Keep up the good stuff,
Niv

steve

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2002, 12:36:18 pm »

What version of the Rio Plugin do you have installed and what Operating System?

nivw

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2002, 01:07:32 pm »

I downloaded the latest from the plugin page (doknown which version it is but is for MJB 8)
Runinng Win2000 SR2.

BTW where may I d/l your last ver 7.2 release?
the file that says mediajukebox7.2 on your ftp shows me "welcome to MJB 8".

Sure is nice having a quick response :-),
Niv

Steve

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2002, 01:53:32 pm »

nivw,

Can you successfully connect using Rio's Audio Manager?  Also, to confirm what Plug-in version you have, go to Settings->Plug-in Manager->Handheld->Rio 500.

Version 7 is no longer available.

I have to go for the day, but will pick this up again tomorrow.

Steve

nivw

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2002, 02:06:10 pm »

cool
c u 2morrow

nivw

The rio 500 bug
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2002, 04:22:00 am »

Hay JimH and other supporters,
I am running your new 8.0.317 with Rio plugin 3.0.9
I haven't installed the Rio manager software, as you recommended not to do so in MJB 7.
Yesterday I succeeded in uploading songs to my Rio with MJB 8.
The error I mention happened if  you format the Rio (MJB doesn't do a refresh), and then try to upload some files.
There is no sub folder in the memory so the Rio can't accept the songs.
then probably comes the crash.

If I format,
    exit MJB,
     run MJB again,
      add a subfolder to the rio`s memory,
       select the songs,
        tap the device,
         tap the internal memory (where I added the subfolder)
          and click upload,

the files do upload.

However the progression indicator appears empty during the upload, and only the name of the songs change.
I couldn't find the feature I adored in MJB 7, that converts different format to the ones my player accepts. It used to be in the plug in manager in the rio500 icon. Please tell me how to enable it as I have already converted most of my cd collection to ogg vorbis.

That said, What is the current best compressed audio standard? In terms of quality verses size, like ogg is the same size as mp3 but better quality.

Niv

Steve

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2002, 06:32:21 am »

nivw,

Can you download a new Plug-in that I just posted (v 3.0.10).  The format issue you described was a bug and is now fixed. The lack of status during uploads is due to an old SDK that we have to work with. There is not a way to display this information, but there might be a (difficult) way to get this to work. I will work on it when I can.  

For all the conversion options, click on the "Options" button below "Upload" and you will see everything you need.

In regards to the "best compressed audio standard"... this is pretty subjective. I will leave this debate open.

nivw

rio50
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2002, 11:17:04 am »

Well you do show which file is sent, so you know how many where sent, thus knowing the prograss status.
I will check the format issue again later.
Thanks again for that quick response.

But what is the best format?

Niv
Pages: [1]   Go Up