INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ12 Duplicate files keep re-appearing via the UNC location  (Read 1293 times)

Zentish

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MJ12 Duplicate files keep re-appearing via the UNC location
« on: January 20, 2010, 06:55:46 pm »

I've got MJ 12.0.49 and am having a really frustrating time with the database, it keeps finding duplicate copies of my music.

I have a netgear readynas duo. The computer I use to manage my collection is running Win7 64bit. I can reach the NAS both through a mapped drive letter M:\ and using the UNC location \\nas\

I use MJ12 to manage the music because, well it is the best tool IMO. I export playlists from MJ to a playlist folder on the NAS using the "store paths relative to the exported playlist location" option so that I can have the playlists automatically imported into the NAS's firefly server and also into iTunes (I have an iphone).

At some point in the past, MJ figured out or I accidently accessed the music through the UNC path \\nas\media\music

ISSUE/BUG: I discovered that if the MJ database shows the filename of the music file using the UNC, the "store paths relative" for exported playlists is not honored. The playlist shows up with the full UNC path and my firefly server cannot find the music.

I then fixed the database by renaming all the files in the database back to the drive letter.

ISSUE/BUG: MJ keeps "finding" the files via the UNC, even though everything is being access via the mapped drive letter. This causes all the music to be duplicated and I end up with messed up playlists and playlist exports. The UNC path is not specified in the auto import options.

Does anyone have any advice or solutions for these issues?

THANKS!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: MJ12 Duplicate files keep re-appearing via the UNC location
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 07:36:15 pm »

ISSUE/BUG: I discovered that if the MJ database shows the filename of the music file using the UNC, the "store paths relative" for exported playlists is not honored. The playlist shows up with the full UNC path and my firefly server cannot find the music.

I then fixed the database by renaming all the files in the database back to the drive letter.

You may just need to use the mapped drive letter. I think MJ12 development is finished for now. The JRiver developers seem to be very busy with MC14 and other projects at the moment.

EDIT: If this issue is present also in MC14 I will report it as a bug, but if JRiver decides to change the behavior, the change is likely to appear only in MC14 (or in a later version).

ISSUE/BUG: MJ keeps "finding" the files via the UNC, even though everything is being access via the mapped drive letter. This causes all the music to be duplicated and I end up with messed up playlists and playlist exports. The UNC path is not specified in the auto import options.

Perhaps MJ is importing those "UNC playlists" if you did not delete or replace them. Could you have the playlist formats enabled in the file types to import? They are enabled by default.

(In Auto-Import settings: Click the listed folder path and select "settings for this folder...". Press the "Advanced" button to access the file type selections.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Zentish

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: MJ12 Duplicate files keep re-appearing via the UNC location
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 05:51:57 pm »

Using the mapped letter is what was working, the problem was that MJ kepts "finding" more music on the UNC drive and duplicating everything.

I deleted all the old m3u text playlists from the file folders and removed all the UNC specified music file from the library. Then built a new database/library and rescanned.

Then I opened up the old library and everything was as I'd left it. For whatever reason it stopped finding files via the UNC an inserting them into the database.
Pages: [1]   Go Up