INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Burner = No 2 sec Gap (= clicks between tracks)& No access to Generic Driver  (Read 1979 times)

Rusty

• Recent member
  • Seek & Ye Shall Find ...

Greetings Reader/s - Had to install new DVD/CD Burner as old LG one died. New one is an LG HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NP20

Since installation I noticed that when I burn a compilation CD I get a click (pop) between each track (at the very start of each new track). I then went to 'CD WRITER SETTINGS' & noticed that I can no longer access 'USE GENERIC DRIVER' or 'ADD 2 SECOND GAP BETWEEN AUDIO TRACKS' as both are greyed out.

The click/pop between each track is definitely annoying ...

Can anyone offer any suggestion as to what to do to fix problem?

Kindest Regards - Rusty in OZ

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.400
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2964 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 544 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2995
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2951
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Did you try Media Jukebox 12?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird

I too would recommend trying MJ12 or maybe MC14, but be aware that MJ8 will not work anymore after a newer version is installed. You must uninstall the new version and reinstall MJ8 if you want to revert. It would be better to try the new version on another PC.

If you prefer to continue using MJ8 you could try installing an ASPI driver (if you have not done that yet). For instance: http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/speed/software_pc/aspi/aspi_471a2_exe.htm
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Rusty

• Recent member

G'Day All - Many thanks for the suggestions so far.

I didn't think updating the ASPI layer would fix the problem & it hasn't. I did howvere upgrade from ASPI V4.71.1 to V4.71.2 but to no avail. I still do not have access to either the Generic Driver or the Insert 2 sec Gap within the MJ8 CD Writer.

As to upgrading to MJ12 ... I know there are pro's & con's to this & from what I've seen so far I'm very happy with my MJ8 & what it can do but if this problem cannot be fixed somehow I may have to re-think the whole thing.

As an update - I have burnt (wasted) another disc to try out ? the updated ASPI exercise & the loud POP/CLICK is still there, always appearing 3 seconds before the end of each compilation track.

Any more suggestions would be greatfully received ...

Kindest regards to All - Rusty in OZ (russelldstone@hotmail.com)

http://

Rusty

• Recent member

P.S - I'd also like to add that obviously something has turned these 2 switches off or has disabled them. The switches are there & surely must be able to be activated? Is it something associated with this LG DVD/CD burner? Does MJ8 fully recognise this later type burner & if so why can't it access it's in-built generic burner software? Is it perhaps a Windows XP compatibility problem?

Rusty  :-[

Rusty

• Recent member

G'Day again - Another update ... Just burnt a compilation disc via Nero & it's perfect = no CLICK/POP at the 3rd second from the end of each track. So it's not a Winows XP or LG Burner issue ... It can only be something that has occured to MJ8, perhaps as a result of this new DVD burner being installed???

Rusty

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

As to upgrading to MJ12 ... I know there are pro's & con's to this & from what I've seen so far I'm very happy with my MJ8 & what it can do but if this problem cannot be fixed somehow I may have to re-think the whole thing.

Any more suggestions would be greatfully received ...
Please try MJ12.

Rusty

• Recent member

G'Day Jim & Alex B & Many thanks for taking the time to read & reply to my problem.

Very disappointed that no definite repair options or fixes have been offered or suggested.

I managed to get a quick look at MJ12 via a mate & maybe I'm just too set in my ways etc, but I just didn't like the look or feel of the program. Maybe I'll change in time. At this stage I'm gonna remain faithful to the old girl & just find ways to work around this annoying problem via exporting playlists to other programs & burn compilation albums via that route.

Keep me in mind (because if it's happened to me, it's bound to also happen to other MJ8 users), I paid for MJ8 & was involved in its & earlier Beta versions development via offering bug feedback, ideas & feature suggestions etc & it would be very nice if my MJ8 problem could be fixed at some stage.

All the best & a Healthy & Happy 2010 to you & yours,

Rusty (Living in Hope) in OZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up