INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WANTED: Remote Desktop for iPAD to run JRiver MEDIA CENTER!  (Read 7024 times)

Health Nut

• World Citizen
WANTED: Remote Desktop for iPAD to run JRiver MEDIA CENTER!
« on: January 28, 2010, 12:31:20 pm »

Originally Posted by amirm  
There is a JRiver app for iTouch/iPhone and now iPad. Haven't used it but should work fine other than it being big (which I think is a positive for browsing music).

Someone may make a remote desktop app like that for iPad. For now, here is the app I mentioned above: http://melloware.com/products/rivermote/

EXACTLY! What is the resolution of the MaxiPad?

Remote destkop is what we need!!!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1218402

Health Nut

• World Citizen
Re: WANTED: Remote Desktop for iPAD to run JRIVERS MEDIA CENTER!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 12:35:28 pm »

I know there are a lot of people biased against Apple, just like there are people who don't like Sony...  I am a PC person, but I am so looking forward to the iPAD and sincerely hope someone makes a remote desktop so that I can use the iPAD as a killer way to control MEDIA CENTER!!!

Very excited!!

Chris

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: WANTED: Remote Desktop for iPAD to run JRIVERS MEDIA CENTER!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 12:37:56 pm »

Thanks, Health Nut.

DLNA is another way to do what you want.

[also posted on AVSForum]
Plugplayer is another option:
http://www.plugplayer.com/

It uses DLNA to control MC14 (build 131 or higher is needed, available on the MC14 board).

wombat66

• World Citizen
Re: WANTED: Remote Desktop for iPAD to run JRiver MEDIA CENTER!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 11:04:38 am »

I don't know much about this kind of stuff, but might this lead to a possible solution?

Citrix Will Enable Windows 7 Remote Access for iPad

from: http://www.tipb.com/2010/02/02/citrix-enable-remote-windows-7-access-ipad/

Remote access wizards Citrix have announced that they’re getting ready to make Apple’s just-announced iPad a fairly awesome thin client for IT types eager to connect to their bigger Windows 7 boxes (and hopefully Linux and others as well.)
It turns out the 9.7 inch display on the iPad with a 1024×768 screen resolution works great for a full VDI XenDesktop. Windows applications run unmodified and securely in the data center, and even multiple applications at once.
The iPhone restrictions of screen size and small keyboards are overcome with the iPad. The iPad looks to be an ideal end-point device that can empower users to be productive wherever they are and IT will be able to safely deliver company-hosted virtual desktops and apps without worry.
A good friend of mine who works as a network admin called me drooling over the idea of just such functionality right after the announcement. Assuming Citrix (and similar companies) can nail the interface, TiPb figures there’ll be another business vertical taking a serious look at the iPad.
[PCWorld via Gizmodo]

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 09:35:45 pm »

GF just got ipad... how do we use the DLNA Jim is talking about to remotelly control jriver from her ipad? i am familiar with webremote and play. but she is looking for a remote desktop way as well. and tips would be appreciated.

thanks

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 10:37:01 pm »

PlugPlayer for IPad may be what you want for DLNA control and rendering...
JRiver CEO Elect

melkiades

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 01:07:58 am »

There is one solution that beats all of the above, and it's the excellent RiverMote made for the iPhone/iPod touch:

http://melloware.com/products/rivermote/

This will of course work on the iPad as well, but the author may have an iPad optimized version coming up soon.
I just emailed him and will let you know what he says.

That application is great:

- you run a small server app on your computer
- you install the app on your iPhone/iPad/etc.
- you get a lot of features to control your JRiver program running on your computer.

I love it!

By the way there are threads on this forum that discuss Rivermote more in detail, do a search.

Cheers,
Melkiades
Pages: [1]   Go Up